Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this tonight and when I put it in low or high it says E on the indicator. A message comes across that says transmission fault. It cranks and idles fine although the idle does not change when going back and forth on sport mode. I hooked everything up the way instructions stated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Nathan

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
A couple of guys have said that they had to unplug the plugs and then plug everything back together and it fixed that problem I think. Also look in each plug and make sure that it looks okay. In other words make sure that you don't see a little metal prong Bent sideways.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of guys have said that they had to unplug the plugs and then plug everything back together and it fixed that problem I think. Also look in each plug and make sure that it looks okay. In other words make sure that you don't see a little metal prong Bent sideways.
Me being the impatient person I am :) I sent arcticbomb a pm before this thread and he just got back to me and said he has my fix. He said some of the later '13 models had to have a diffirent harness. He's fixing to send me another one. Huge thumbs up to arcticbomb, thanks glamisfan as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Arctic bomb had to send me another harness because of a sensor issue on the 14s. Made a call to him...left a message and he called right back and new exactly what the problem was! It got here yesterday, installed it today and.....drum roll please.....it works awesome.

Buy the way Arcticbomb, I dropped the first harness in the mail today so you should have it back soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arcticbomb new harness arrived, dropping the other in the mail tomorrow thanks a bunch man.

Nathan

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hi! Guys , where can I buy the sports low switcless ?
Can Am Commander XT x 800 1000 Maverick Switchless Sport Low Range Gear Harness | eBay

Alright... Call me a newbie.. What the hell is the "sports low switch"?
The ECU is programmed to reduce power output in low gear. The "Sport Low" mod tricks the ECU to into thinking the transmission is in high gear so it doesn't cut back on the power. It is really handy for those that run big tires and do a lot of low speed technical riding. If you do more open high speed riding in high gear, you may not see the need for it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Can Am Commander XT x 800 1000 Maverick Switchless Sport Low Range Gear Harness | eBay

The ECU is programmed to reduce power output in low gear. The "Sport Low" mod tricks the ECU to into thinking the transmission is in high gear so it doesn't cut back on the power. It is really handy for those that run big tires and do a lot of low speed technical riding. If you do more open high speed riding in high gear, you may not see the need for it.
Gotcha... Im a duner so this is one mod I dont need. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Gotcha... Im a duner so this is one mod I dont need. Thanks for the explanation.
Yea, I didn't need it either but I still have it....you never know when you need low gear to climb that wicked steep hill :cool2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts