Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this maverick on can ams Facebook and got a little excited. I like the high clearance arms and tires I think the tire are xd's what size I dunno. Anyone got info in this bad boy?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
holy crap thats huge , lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
the problem with serious lifts, where big tires come into play is these machines are not really made for rough hard core riding with those accesories on them. rough riding is the key issue. that leads to failures and breaks and excessive wear of other parts.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
the problem with serious lifts, where big tires come into play is these machines are not really made for rough hard core riding with those accesories on them. rough riding is the key issue. that leads to failures and breaks and excessive wear of other parts.
Your right BUT isn't that what offroaders do?

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Your right BUT isn't that what offroaders do?
When I had a Jeep the Jeepers that modified their vehicles for serious offroading didn't just change their tires. They modified axles, brakes, suspension parts, etc to match the larger tires or other mods. These are guys that are moving slow over terrain that we move much faster over. I think most UTV owners think that these vehicles can take serious mods without changing other parts and get upset if the vehicles fail. Tires that big on a Maverick will need other parts beefed up as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you get that straight out of the warranty manual? We buy these things to mod and drive to a point of failure. Can't knock someone (not saying you are) for customizing their mav to their liking. To each their own. I'll never have a bike w paddle tires on it. I think it looks silly but that's just me. Also by doing things like these big lift and tires allows the different vendors to make better and stronger parts. Keeping this market and "sport" that we love alive and competitive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
with those high clearance a arms you dont need a lift, doesn't change center point of gravity - well done I say! Biggest tire I would want is 28" but to each their own.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think 32 is a bit overkill myself and like the looks of 30's. if you drive sensible you could make the parts last too. Tires like that I think wouldn't be good for all around use, if all I did was crawl then that would be a sweet setup.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts