Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
i removed mine from day one... i take them off of everything and have never regretted it, it does have more body roll without it than my rzr did without it, but it works good on the trail and still corners good once you get used to it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I ran mine for a few months with it off. The cornering didn't bother me, but the steering felt heavier. I took it off to see if it made it smoother in the whoops. It didn't. I'm thinking I'm gonna take it back off though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Took mine off yesterday, havent rode it yet but I can tell just by pushing on the cage it should articulate well.

·
Registered
806 Posts
23lbs? I thought it was just that tiny little bar on the right rear. Can someone post a pic?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The bar isn't very big but the arms on each end weigh alot.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
So I still don't have the rear suspension dialed in. I was talking to a friend of mine, and he suggested that I disconnect the swaybar. I know that some people prefer the swaybar on, and some people like the way it feels and handles without one. On my Rhino, which had air shocks, I tried it both ways and I liked it much better with the swaybar. Since the Mavrick has a stiffer suspension than I'm used to, I figured I'll give it a try. I didn't want to just disconnect one side, because it looks like as you're articulating that side would wind up hitting one of the a arms. So I tried to take off the links. The bolt with a 15mm head was easy. But the other end is a tapered ball joint type, and it didn't want to come loose. I tried to get a mini sledge hammer up in there, and I got some decent hits on it, but just couldn't hit it hard enough to break it loose. So I decided to remove the whole thing. I used an impact and a 1 1/16 inch socket to remove the big nut on either end of the swaybar. I pulled it out and weighed it. The thing weighs 22.5 pounds! Sure hope it rides nice without it, because I do not want to put that weight back in there. I'm going riding on Saturday and
I'll let you know how it feels.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have not looked closely at the Sway bar on the maverick so I do not know if it can be turned down in a lathe or not. Any body try? I know on the Commander I have turned down a few of them to 3/4" and is a nice compromise between body roll and articulation. Suspension is a series of trade offs and that was one of mine.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm thinking ifit was turned downs little and replace the iron arms with billet alum it would save some weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts