Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm in the process of trading my 2013 Outty for an 2014 Maverick.
I'm wondering if my Outty clutch setup would fit the Maverick? If so, I'd take it off the quad and add it to the SxS.

Thanks guys and happy modding.

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yes it will fit. It'll prolly take a little adjusting. But definitely change it over as it's a weak link on the Mav!

·
Registered
725 Posts
QSC will need to be rebuilt is what I have been told, I believe its around 100 or so to have it modified to work the best on the Mav

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I've read that the clutch in the Mav. Is pretty much useless.
Is it just a matter of adjustment to get it to work with the Mav or does it have to be physically changed/modified?
I also got two gates spare belts for my Outty, would they fit as well?

Thanks guys

Alex

·
Registered
725 Posts
You need to get with QSC and have them upgrade the inner sheave. We are running bullet sheaves in the mavericks. They are making more power at a higher rpm.

You can contact them direct at - +1 (715) 760-0279

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Stock can be setup to run right the Vegas to Reno race winning Mav had a stock clutch with different. Clutching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Where do we go to get the proper setup info for the stock clutch?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I knew about that. I was thinking he might know of something else. The dalton kit works from what I hear just not sure if I should just scrap the whole deal and get a rage 3 and gen 2 secondary from kris. It's just the money I hope there is enough of a noticeable difference from stock to stm for $1500 bucks.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I knew about that. I was thinking he might know of something else. The dalton kit works from what I hear just not sure if I should just scrap the whole deal and get a rage 3 and gen 2 secondary from kris. It's just the money I hope there is enough of a noticeable difference from stock to stm for $1500 bucks.
It is a big pill to swallow but I spent the money and am very happy with the performance improvement. This is going from stock clutches that worked without issue. The lower starting gear ratio and greatly improved back shifting are what you are going to notice the most. It honestly made my Mav feel like a totally different machine. So far, it is the best performance mod available for the Maverick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.
I just sent Adam from QSC and email asking what modification is needed to be able to swap the clutch over to the Mav.

I can second the huge improvements over the eom clutch based on my experience with the Outty....it was like day and night...

That's why clutching is diff. The first mod I'm going to to on the Mav.
I hope it does not turn into a balls to the walls project like the Outty :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks guys.
I just sent Adam from QSC and email asking what modification is needed to be able to swap the clutch over to the Mav.

I can second the huge improvements over the eom clutch based on my experience with the Outty....it was like day and night...

That's why clutching is diff. The first mod I'm going to to on the Mav.
I hope it does not turn into a balls to the walls project like the Outty :)

The QSC setup is pretty straight forward and there are enough of us running it that if Adam doesn't give you a recommended setup, someone here would be able to help you get it set up. As others have said, the only difference is the billet fixed sheave that is stronger and better suited for the extra power the Maverick makes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I took mine out of my commander and sent it back to get the billet upgrade. Seems like it was $125 and Adam tuned it for the mav.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It is a big pill to swallow but I spent the money and am very happy with the performance improvement. This is going from stock clutches that worked without issue. The lower starting gear ratio and greatly improved back shifting are what you are going to notice the most. It honestly made my Mav feel like a totally different machine. So far, it is the best performance mod available for the Maverick.
Agreed,and if you really want to appreciate the QSC take it out and put the stock clutch back in. I took mine out for two weeks and thats when you really notice the difference. It felt like I lost twice as much as I gained with the QSC. not even going to get into how bad the the stock clutch sounds.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Agreed,and if you really want to appreciate the QSC take it out and put the stock clutch back in. I took mine out for two weeks and thats when you really notice the difference. It felt like I lost twice as much as I gained with the QSC. not even going to get into how bad the the stock clutch sounds.
haha...I know exactly what you mean as I sent mine back to have a 2-way bearing installed and it was like driving with the grey key with the stock clutches!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies guys.
I did ran my QSC on the Outty 1000 with drop I'm cams, bored out throttle body and a full tune monster setup...it was a strong motor and the clutch took everything I threw at her :)

So it seems like that the clutch would fit but it is recommended to have the back sheave changed to the billet one, do I get this right?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
I did ran my QSC on the Outty 1000 with drop I'm cams, bored out throttle body and a full tune monster setup...it was a strong motor and the clutch took everything I threw at her :)

So it seems like that the clutch would fit but it is recommended to have the back sheave changed to the billet one, do I get this right?

yes, that is correct...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in touch right now with him.
It takes some time until he replies to my emails... He is probably swamped with work right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts