Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with swapping an ecu from one maverick to another? Can this be done at all with a simple process? I am hoping to be able to swap ecu's/ keys and everything be good to go.
The reason I am asking is I have mrrpm reflash right now. I am going to be installing mcxpress turbo kit which includes mcx's own custom reflash, basically wiping the ecu clean and starting fresh. If it can be done, I will be offering to swap ecu's with someone on the forum at a discounted price, from the initial $500 I paid mrrpm.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be able to tell you soon. I have a new ECU with Evo flash coming. I'll let ya know whats involved with the swap.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you have the key(s) that came with the ECU, it should be plug and play.

Reactions: jlabow

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you ever do this? Does anyone know for sure if it works? Thinking about doing the Evo exhaust reflash but wondering if I can sell my MRRPM reflash?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You'll need to match the dash to the ecu with buds, along with changing the serial number in the ecu.
It will not plug & play, even with keys.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I swapped ecu but I also swapped gauge cluster that matched and the keys. no problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nope... not that easy. If it was they would be too easy to steal / re-sell. Can-Am not that stupid to make stealing a ride that easy.
D.E.S.S. needs to be considered so someone with full version of B.U.D.S. can help you out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
nope... not that easy. If it was they would be too easy to steal / re-sell. Can-Am not that stupid to make stealing a ride that easy.
D.E.S.S. needs to be considered so someone with full version of B.U.D.S. can help you out.
That's fine I didn't want them to lol. I'm pulling a flashed ecu (and gauge cluster) from a 14' maverick with 1900 miles and installing it into my 15' maverick with 150 miles.

Was double checking cause I don't want my odometer to read 1900 when in reality it's 150!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took an Ecm out of a 16 mav and put in my 16 mav with matching key it work ok but when I put a 15 ecm in my mav I had to reset serial numbers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Umm... When I sent my ecu away for a reflash I used a spare one I had with the keys and nothing else. Plug and play, ran great.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts