Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys i need some help with my suspension ... I took my max out to the dunes over the weekend and it did well but not as well as i would have liked .. i tried adjusting the rebound and the compression .. is there any after maket spring kits or should i just get all new ????

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
We're working on it now, we have two setups being tested in Arizona that get ran at Glamis and in the desert. We've got improved valving and now we have springs that should be ran within the next week or so. This setup reduces bucking, reduces bottoming and has a smoother overall ride.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a new max !!!

Alex could you pm me a price and a estimated date to complete . I would really like to get it done before Easter weekend..
i really want to kick the crap out of my buddies wildcat ;]

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is the problem, my two sweater and now my max blew through the suspension on g outs big whoops at speed and jumping. Fox suggested 14" 3" inside dia 400 lbs springs for my max based on info I gave them. Was a million times better could actually drive the thing the way you should be out of the box. Fox said they set up the max with only one person on board, I always have two and half the time 4. I got eibach springs on eBay new $217 to my door.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the bottoming out and the little buck I get .. The fastest I could get to go over the trail we race down was 46 and it's not for lack of pedal it gets hoppy does not rebound fast enough there for starts to get a little Bucky

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Yeah I can fix that. I don't want to send anything out yet because I want to make sure this setup is nailed down and works the way it's suppose to.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Any word on the release date for the max yet ?
I have been testing with Alex and I think we're there I need to make a test run back to the desert wash whoops and a run back out to Glamis. Went on a ride locally to crown king and it felt really good and I'm trying to find the Happy spot for ride height with 2 to 4 kids on board.
Glamis whoops and G - outs are my real test though. but I think we're really there. my Buddy rode in mine and said it was night and day to his Max.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Just waiting to get the final review from Warlock and they'll be released
I need to get out of town and test real quick at Glamis. Especially before it hits 200 deg. I will make a River Bottom whoop run this weekend.
I think were right about there on the springs for sure. Now I need to fiddle with Adjusters and Passenger Loads at Speed to.
Rutted out fast trails over 40+ Mph were super nice and Controllable and I forgot to dial out the Adjusters. No whoops on that ride though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
13 Days since last post. Where are we at on the R&D of the suspension? I am still trying to get my stock dialed in....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just curious what the best stock settings are for the max? Ive read alot about the two seater set-ups, just wondering what other max owners have tried. Like closing in the rebound on the front and back. I don't ride in the dunes and mostly trail riding and looking for a softer ride. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Just curious what the best stock settings are for the max? Ive read alot about the two seater set-ups, just wondering what other max owners have tried. Like closing in the rebound on the front and back. I don't ride in the dunes and mostly trail riding and looking for a softer ride. Thanks for any info.
I think Alex can dial that in now, I have tested a few different shock tunes and in the name of Perfection I think it's almost done. I ran out of time for more dune trips and it'sover a 100+ at glamis so Alex Iis on us for some more trips out and I think it is close. I went up to Flagstaff for some Cinder riding and if you never heard or been there it'd a whooped out sumbitch. I can hammer my Max through it at 54 nah and control it but it's still a little bit firm on compression I think. Alex wants them back again so I'm pulling them tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts