Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't got to ride my Maverick, but I keep reading how the shocks come set up stiff from the factory. What are some good starting points to try ann get myself dialed in? I think I seen someone on here say 4 8 and 12 but I was just seeing if you guys had anything different. Thanks

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Its hard for me to help here cause I dont have any first hand experience but here are a couple guidelines.

Start with the rebound adjustments dead in the middle.
If it starts bucking slow the rebound down in the rear, most manufacturers have the rear rebound too fast which is great for trail riding but can buck you on fast stuff or jumps. You probably wont have to touch the front.

Compression wise back both adjusters all the way out on the softest setting.
The high speed and low speed adjustments have zero to do with the speed of the actual vehicle, they have to do with shaft speed. The high speed compression is going to handle the choppy rough stuff that really works the shocks. The low speed compression is going to handle things like the face of a jump, jumps with landings and the slow dips in the trail that you power out of. You want to use all the travel of the shocks in a very rough section or on a big jump, we generally put o rings on them when we have them apart so we can see how far they push down the shock shaft but a small zip tie or a little bit a grease can do the same trick.

As soon as we get Mavericks out here on the east coast I plan on picking one up and racing it. I tune shocks for a couple U4 buggies and race Jeeps along with a handful of SxS so Im going to tear into the shocks first thing and start changing things in the valve stack along with the spring rates most likely. I made my stock width Teryx with Fox's out handle and XP900's on the track so I expect big things out of these factory 2.5 shocks. Its hard for me to give full advise on how to help you until I know whats inside of them and what they generally do and how to improve on it whether it be adjustments or revalving it for the best performance.

Its not a whole lot of info but I hope it helps a little.

Alex

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have read plenty of his suspension posts on the T-forum and they have always been very helpful. In fact I have started my suspension adjustment how he has recommended. I am currently all the way out on rebound, & h/l compression and ran awesome thru big whoops at 63-65mph. However I may adjust my low compression to a stiffer setting next trip out. The adjustability of the shocks makes it easy to fine tune every time you change conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts