Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome

The sport owners manual has suspension preload factory settings.
You can always set to "factory" as a base line and go from there. Increase preload with added weight. You'll find a sweet spot where it's not to choppy.

I did find I preloaded mine end it was stiff at first and over time seemed to soften out. (fox 2.0 not the 2.5)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts

Well shoot. I thought I had posted in the Suspension section. Not sure how that happened. Sorry about that. If a mod would be willing to push to the right section that would be great...

I actually just thought to check my manual. It says 66.7mm (front) and 19.7mm (back). I went and took a closer look at my shocks. My front is a continuous spring (so no crossover). My rear is dual spring setup though.

If I understand correctly, this means 66.7mm compression from relaxed length of spring(s). Do I have to unscrew everything & loosen the springs to get relaxed length? Or, should I just assume that the specs in the manual is what I have right now and just adjust from there? (e.g. just crank it down some and test drive it for feel)
I'm not looking at the page but for mine it's from the bottom of the upper mount to the top adjustment nut. Might be bottom of the bottom nut.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts