Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about biting the bullet and buying a set of good aftermarket heated suspension seats. My biggest question after looking at dozens of seats is if any are designed to withstand dirt, water, mud, etc? It seems like most folks who have aftermarket seats on here and on Facebook are desert/dune riders mainly. I’m a woods rider and experience deep water crossings, tons of mud, and dust.

I’m looking for a set of seats that are comfortable, durable, heated, and won’t get my butt wet if the foam gets soaking wet underneath. Do these exist or am I SOL?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My simpsons are not heated and they will hold water. Wish they had a mud drain in the rear like prp. When washing after a weekend ride I always pull the cushions out and stand them up to drain and dry over several days

2018 X3 XDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
11,577 Posts
You're SOL, LOL. All suspension seats are made with that marine grade "pleather" material. Looks like leather, but it's not. They are water resistant. Just don't use your SXS as a submarine and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the cushions get wet I just don’t want the moisture to wick through the fabric and get me butt wet. The stock seat foam is permanently saturated on my X3, but the fabric holds it in. Nothing makes it through.

·
Premium Member
11,577 Posts
For where, and how you ride, IMO suspension seats probably aren't for you. Getting the foam wet on $1K+ seats time and time again, wouldn't be the best. Eventually you would have mold to worry about too. Maybe it's better to first just get a cheap set of heat seaters from Amazon, install them in your stock seats, and see how they hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I have Triple X seats and the seat bottom Velcro’s in so it is easily removed. The mesh for the suspension part of the seat has drainage to let mud and debris fall through. The problem you are going to run into is the stitching and stitched patterns are going to let any moisture that you get soaked into the foam come through to your clothes.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
My PRP seats have the mesh drainage, seats have always been 100% dry the following morning after a good exterior / interior washing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts