Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just bought my
13 XRS a few weeks ago and have just over 100 miles on it now... It's a huge upgrade from my Commander XT but to be honest I am a bit disappointed with the ride... My buddy has a 2012 XP900 and it was way smoother than the maverick. He read on some Polaris forum that the shock should have 40% sag and set it up for that. I'm just wondering if anyone has played with the preload? I read a topic and got a lot of useful info from AReed, but there were so many posts I ended up more confused than anything.. I'm hoping someone can help me out with a setup for dummies!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
545 Posts
... I read a topic and got a lot of useful info from AReed, but there were so many posts I ended up more confused than anything.. I'm hoping someone can help me out with a setup for dummies!
Thanks guys
Welcome to the site. Not to sound like Mr Mega, but a reread of Areeds posts on the subject is time well spent.
And the cliff notes of the cliff notes:
Rebound full in
Compression full out, and adjust in to control bottoming.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
that's mr asshole to u ~

·
Registered
41 Posts
I backed down the spring preload 1/4" all around. So I have 1/4" less threads showing above the spring retainer then stock. I haven't measure the change in sag, but my guess is that it's about 1" more. I ride tight trails so I wanted to lower the center of gravity and soften it up. I usually can only top out at 30 mph on the trails that I ride. It worked. I am very happy with it.
I also slowed the rebound as much as possible and backed out the compression as much as possible. These setting work for me and where i usually ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts