Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Max out yesterday at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Power is great. Suspension is awfull. Rear end way to soft and bouncy. Tires leave the ground way to much. Front end is very stiff and harsh ride. This is also with no rear passengers. I will try to set them per info found in xrs shock settings thread. Hopefully this does the trick

·
Registered
50 Posts
I adjusted the rebound and compression and thought it was great. The hardest part is that I don't always have the same passengers so the weight can be distributed completely different from one ride to the next. My other utv is a rhino and there's no comparison between the two. over all I am very happy with the suspension but I'm not racing it and my expectations may not be the same as others.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I adjusted my compression all the way out and was ok. Now that I added 2" spacers I need to stiffen the compression up. I will also be reducing the preload on the rear.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I adjusted rebound all the way in on all 4 corners. Compression 1/2 turn out in the rear. Compression all the way out in the front. The ride is much better. Rear stays in the sand now instead of bouncing out. The front is still pretty harsh ride. I'll try to soften the spring up today.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah that's the whole idea with adjustable shocks. You need to play with them to get them where you like. Once you've done that, if you still don't like them then you can get them revalved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts