Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know most don't care about the economy and most of the time I don't either. When I take the wife for a 160+mile putz out site seeing it sure is nice not having to worry about not having enough gas to get back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The pics of the datalog I posted up was a stock tune, it even did it with the cat in place. The dynojet tunes bump there's up to 1905F roughly and it will still hit it easily when the load overshoots the desired load=cruising. It helps bumping the EGT threshold up but that's not the fix all. Getting rid of the rediciulous timing retard fixes the high calcuated egt's.
If you're constantly overshooting load, something else could be up though. You're going after the timing symptom that's there for safety. I would try lowering your wastegate crack pressure, as it may not have been calibrated right from the factory. Not in your case, but I'm also willing to bet for a lot of people this 'surging' is really belt slip though.

I know most don't care about the economy and most of the time I don't either. When I take the wife for a 160+mile putz out site seeing it sure is nice not having to worry about not having enough gas to get back.
Yeah it would be nice if someone would support switching tunes on the fly, but that's mostly a feature of piggy backs. Eco mode is nice for the putzing though :)

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I suspect I have found the issue with mine. Removed the secondary clutch and discovered one of the roller's split, consequently taking out the helix bushing and movable sheave bushing. I have parts on order so it will be about a week before I can confirm.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I suspect I have found the issue with mine. Removed the secondary clutch and discovered one of the roller's split, consequently taking out the helix bushing and movable sheave bushing. I have parts on order so it will be about a week before I can confirm.
That will do it for sure

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
My whole point here was just to show how the ecm works with the load based timing and how it richens AFR's to compensate after retarding the timing. This causes some surges and inconsistencies on how mine and some other stock units unit felt at p/t cruise areas. I to thought there was something wrong with my machine when I first got it and it drove me nuts o_O thats why i spent the time trying to figure it out. Hopefully this will help someone else who comes looking and can't find anything mechanical wrong with their machine. If they have a way to log the trouble area it can be something to check. Those logs posted were all stock tuning and crack pressure (6psi).

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
As a reminder this issue started recently and was not there for the first 2000 mile. Ok , update. Rebuilding the Secondary clutch helped however it did not solve the issue. I did not remove the primary clutch so I still need to do that to eliminate it.
Some notes:
1) During the surging, RPM remained constant +/- 50.
2) As I recall it has always done that as I believe the ECM sample rate is 50 RPM.
3) I did notice the load rate would go up near 300% on full throttle, that seemed odd too me.
4) During the surging it was in the 40 - 50% range.
5) No Boost during surge range.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like a couple of others said. Mine did exactly what you're describing.
Mine was a slightly bent rear axle. Replaced the axle and it fixed it.
I had someone follow behind and watch the axle to determine it was bent.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts