Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading out to Superstition Mtn for the Thanksgiving holiday?
Will be camping near our normal spot, Just past the bulletin board, where wheeler makes a hard right turn. We should be about half way between the road and the mountain.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
When you gonna be there? Will it be the same Mav, Comm, and RotaxRhino? One guy in our group just replaced his Rhino with a rzr xp1k!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My plan is to be there on Weds by noon. The Commander guy will be there but not 100% sure about the rotaxrhino guy. He may be going to Gordon's Well.
Schannon mentioned on the Teryx forum about doing a Blue inn ride, so Im always up for that.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think we are going as well. Probably gonna hook up with Glamisfan's group. We would be there Weds afternoon until Sun. What's this Blue Inn ride all about?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
When you gonna be there? Will it be the same Mav, Comm, and RotaxRhino? One guy in our group just replaced his Rhino with a rzr xp1k!

1 in our group to , lol

photo 1.jpg

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The Blue Inn is a restaurant in Ocotillo Wells. It's about a 30 mile ride from The Dip. We usually run over there once during the long holidays. And sometimes peeps camping at OW will run over to Sand Dam and meet up with us.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The Blue Inn is a restaurant in Ocotillo Wells. It's about a 30 mile ride from The Dip. We usually run over there once during the long holidays. And sometimes peeps camping at OW will run over to Sand Dam and meet up with us.
Ok cool....sounds like fun.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's a very fun ride with a group. Usually head over and eat lunch have a few drinks then head back via San Felipe wash.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What day do you guys think woudl be a good day to ride over. Friday or Sat?
Maybe Glamisfan can talk to Shannon to see what day works best.
Im thinking early Sat just in case there are peeps still coming out on Friday.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Schannon said Friday morning is good for him.
10/4, Let me know what time approx is good then just come by my camp.
Our usually spot.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hey guys...Im not a glamis guys..only been there once- but thinking of hitting Glamis this Turkey weekend. Now the Superstition Mountains are outside of Phoenix, so I'm kinda confused- is this a Glamis location or somewhere in AZ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Superstition is 50 minutes west of Glamis. About 20 miles south of Ocotillo Wells. Google maps type in Huff Rd and Wheeler Rd. It's everything west of that intersection all the way to the mountains.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually it's official name is Superstition OHV area and Glamisfan has correctly described its location. The riding terrain is varied. There are hard packed mud hills, various washes, flat hard packed grd, rock crawling trails/hills on the north side and it has alot of sand mixed in on the south facing side of the mountain.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts