Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XRS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback on the super grip K9's? Looks like a good tire for trails/ mud. Similar to Carnivores, but heavier and deeper lugs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just put 50 miles or so on mine and so far I really really like them, they really dig! Excellent traction! Ride very well at higher speeds (60mph) I did put in 8oz of counter act beads in each tire. I run the 35s on a 5.5 + 1.5 System 3 wheel. I think I'm going to be very happy with them and run them in more places than I thought I would vs my other set of 35 inch Maxxis Roxxzillas. They won't replace my Roxxzillas in Moab and slick rock however..... they will replace them in Disney Oklahoma and Windrock Park in Oliver Springs Tennessee.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 XRS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at the 32's. Thought about 35's, but had concerns about clutching, and added force on steering components.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I go through Adam @ Airdam clutching, always have been extremely happy with what he's done for me. There is allot of threads on here about him, some good some not, but he's my go to. I would definitely recommend a clutch kit for 35s. IMO if you're debating between 32 and 35s go with the 32s. I wouldn't want to run the 35s unless your front end was built very well. IMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just put 50 miles or so on mine and so far I really really like them, they really dig! Excellent traction! Ride very well at higher speeds (60mph) I did put in 8oz of counter act beads in each tire. I run the 35s on a 5.5 + 1.5 System 3 wheel. I think I'm going to be very happy with them and run them in more places than I thought I would vs my other set of 35 inch Maxxis Roxxzillas. They won't replace my Roxxzillas in Moab and slick rock however..... they will replace them in Disney Oklahoma and Windrock Park in Oliver Springs Tennessee.

That looks great and aggressive, really compliments the quad!

·
Registered
2018 XRS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only have a couple hundred miles on them. All southern KY/ TN riding. Still look brand new. They hook up awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
There has been some mixed reviews of them on the forum, but I'm right at 450 mi on mine and I love them. Keep in mind I run two sets of tires though.

The complaints I've seen; too hard, not good in mud, don't clean out well, not good on wet rock..... Everyone has an opinion I understand that, but at the same time what tire does all those complaints great??? None. It don't exist.... I just got back from SMORR and did some of the hardest riding I've ever done, and I ran my Roxxzillas, because it was wet, extremely rocky, and I had allot of tire spin. We did all the level four and five trails in the park and I know there would have been a few of those I wouldn't have gotten up with the K9s without winching ( because they are not as soft ) BUT that's why I own a second set. That being said, I've got 100 miles on my Roxxzillas and they look half shot, but really, they are just broke in, I only bolt them on when I need them; Moab, Sand Hollow, SMORR, Disney OK. For all the other trail riding I do, I use my K9s, I think for the more aggressive trail rider, a person who isn't satisfied with the bighorn 2.0, (not saying if you have bighorns your not an aggressive trail rider lol) or a full-blown BKT mud tire, they are the best " daily driver " very tough, ride well at higher speeds, good trail manners,they are harder but they don't wear out quick, I see very little feathering and I do quite a bit of blacktop riding in between the trails at home, they dig like crazy, I've done some creek bed rock riding, in the Black hills of South Dakota with them and I couldn't complain at all how they did, I thought they hooked up very well..... as good as a Roxxzilla in wet rock... no, but that was a 4-mile part of a 30 mile ride, I didn't have to feel bad about riding on the black top for 4 miles lol. For me I finally think I have the perfect tire set up for the riding I do. Both sets are 35s can't complain. I wouldn't be happy with just Roxxzillas, and I wouldn't be happy with just my K9s. Don't kill the messenger! Just my 2 cents worth!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did any of you guys that have the K9s mounted up and having some seat time with them, how is the performance in mud, like lancegroen23 mentioned, there was a few reviews floating around on the internet that they didn't do good in mud and I was just curious what your opinions on that was? I mean not like mud bogging just muddy creek banks and creek beds and such.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
My bro n law has a set of 32” k9. At first sight I was like dag those are nice . Keep in mind these were brand new on a brand new buggy. We went through a medium size mud piddle and he come on the radio I’m stuck . I was confused I just went through same puddle in 2wd and didn’t even notice it . Now keep in mind he is not a good driver by any means. He normally just stays on my ass and uses the same lines as I do. I was a couple buggies ahead of him. I go back and walk out in the mud and it was less than boot high. I yell drive it Nancy !! He hammers and it just spins in 4wd. I hook to him and pull him out . Those tires imo would be a great tire if you would take the time to cut out every other center tread. His just caked over and would not clean out . If I were you I would look at carnivores. They are not as tall but an excellent tire for everything tire. I went with system 3 370 when my carnivores were getting worn. I had them for 2k miles and still have life left but I had a rock get stuck in rim so I bought 15” wheel and 33” 370. We have a few others that run the k9 in a 35” tire. They like them but they will not get in mud without a run at it. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bro n law has a set of 32” k9. At first sight I was like dag those are nice . Keep in mind these were brand new on a brand new buggy. We went through a medium size mud piddle and he come on the radio I’m stuck . I was confused I just went through same puddle in 2wd and didn’t even notice it . Now keep in mind he is not a good driver by any means. He normally just stays on my ass and uses the same lines as I do. I was a couple buggies ahead of him. I go back and walk out in the mud and it was less than boot high. I yell drive it Nancy !! He hammers and it just spins in 4wd. I hook to him and pull him out . Those tires imo would be a great tire if you would take the time to cut out every other center tread. His just caked over and would not clean out . If I were you I would look at carnivores. They are not as tall but an excellent tire for everything tire. I went with system 3 370 when my carnivores were getting worn. I had them for 2k miles and still have life left but I had a rock get stuck in rim so I bought 15” wheel and 33” 370. We have a few others that run the k9 in a 35” tire. They like them but they will not get in mud without a run at it. Lol

Thanks, that’s exactly the type of review that I was wanting, someone that just got into random mud spots but not out mudding all day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts