Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I mean I know after 6 sets what I have to do, but I feel that would be some valuable info to throw into the details when looking at them on the site, and, or atleast offer a 2 degree shim for the boxes and backing plate for purchase if you wanna correct it, instead of having to purchase another 6-700 dollars worth of arms, not gonna lie sucks having to buy arms just to correct a camber issue.
Exactly. Some info would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
662 Posts
I mean I know after 6 sets what I have to do, but I feel that would be some valuable info to throw into the details when looking at them on the site, and, or atleast offer a 2 degree shim for the boxes and backing plate for purchase if you wanna correct it, instead of having to purchase another 6-700 dollars worth of arms, not gonna lie sucks having to buy arms just to correct a camber issue.
That creates other issues because the stock geometry is all over the place from machine to machine. The OEM's have super sloppy tolerances, so we don't really have much choice but to design perfectly straight backing plates...to completely replace your stock hubs and reflect stock camber. 4" portals with 32"s or 35"s look just fine most of the time, but 8" portals and 54"s are going to look all sorts of funky with the stock camber. The bigger you go, the more exaggerated that stock camber looks. But....if you're going that big, most would already have the aftermarket suspension (normally adjustable) in place to allow for that big of a tire. Plus, we don't really want to force you to buy adjustable suspension with it if you already have other aftermarket suspension parts....or you are just piecing it out, one part at a time for a build.

Its a similar concept to a small bracket lift. A small bracket lift on a stock machine will almost always give you positive camber because its pushing down on the suspension. You'd need adjustable suspension parts to set your camber where you want it...or leave it positive.

The big difference is that the bracket lift changes your camber, while the portals mount on the outside of the hub...so they reflect your stock camber.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts