Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to ride this new toy.... Looking for either a day trip or weekend trip location to ride during these hot months that's reasonably close to Vegas. Any suggestions? I have Gaia gps if anyone has any tracks they recommend.

·
Registered
531 Posts
How about nellis dunes? Were heading to the drags in October and taking the can am to check out nellis

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
How about nellis dunes? Were heading to the drags in October and taking the can am to check out nellis

Don't get your hopes up, that place is horrible. Logandale is up the 15 about 30 minutes and is definitely worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Don't get your hopes up, that place is horrible. Logandale is up the 15 about 30 minutes and is definitely worth checking out.

Good info! Thanks. What can I expect? And high-speed desert wash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't go to nellis dunes either rocky as hell to many nubs or there and not enough space for all the people that go. Dunes are tiny too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wouldn't go to nellis dunes either rocky as hell to many nubs or there and not enough space for all the people that go. Dunes are tiny too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll look at Logandale

·
Registered
59 Posts

X2! I wouldn't drop my garbage off there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some good rides in Mesquite, but hot in the summer. You may want to look at Sand Hollow near St. George, a lot of variety - rock climbing, sand dunes, whoops, etc. For a two or three day trip from Vegas, you may want to look at Marysvale and Manti, Utah, much cooler there. You can check out the Nat Geo trail maps from Gaia downloads.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Logandale is just as hot as Vegas but way better riding and not as Rocky. Leave early. You can also unload at Ute road and ride over through the gravel pit and save freeway drivetime. That route isn't great unless your suspension is cranked and/or bigger tires. A stock car will drag on a few spots. Don't waste your time at Nellis. It's also hot but sand hollow near St George is a blast. I'd say it's more fun then logandale. Just further away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts