Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the shock therapy treatment now need limiter straps on the front.

Suggestions?
Shock therapy?
SandCraft?
Others?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
I have Shock Therapy's Limiting Straps on both cars. Great product, no complaints. Don't forget you get 5% off too.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can get you setup with CA Tech or the Sandcraft. Let me know if I can help.
Trevor, or anyone else who is running the "jack-Daddy" setup.
Will these strap setups work with the jack daddy setup?
I have the 64" SxS and where the jack daddy mounts on the post that's on the front A-arm, uses the same location as the shock strap locations. Jack Daddy uses a proprietary bolt to go though the A-arm and then the jack daddy slides on that.

From what I can see on the different manufactures, the straps all mount on the front side of the shock on the A-arm. That is a problem for Jack Daddy owners. They mount in the same location. Has anyone dealt with this problem? or just moving the strap location to the rear of the front shock solve this problem?

Any ideas would help me. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Trevor, or anyone else who is running the "jack-Daddy" setup.
Will these strap setups work with the jack daddy setup?
I have the 64" SxS and where the jack daddy mounts on the post that's on the front A-arm, uses the same location as the shock strap locations. Jack Daddy uses a proprietary bolt to go though the A-arm and then the jack daddy slides on that.

From what I can see on the different manufactures, the straps all mount on the front side of the shock on the A-arm. That is a problem for Jack Daddy owners. They mount in the same location. Has anyone dealt with this problem? or just moving the strap location to the rear of the front shock solve this problem?

Any ideas would help me. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I did. I have the JD brackets and contacted Todd at Tuff Trail Gear to see about a longer stud for the brackets. Todd got back to me and told they redesigned the bracket setup to account for limit strap kits.

Basically, they are now using a socket head capscrew through the 'nub' (or bracket) for the attachment. I measured and told Todd I needed a bolt with 85mm length from the base of the bracket -- I didn't know how much 'bolt' was going to be inside the bracket to determine the overall bolt length -- to mount the CA Tech limit straps, shock(s), etc., and have adequate thread engagement.

Todd sent me an updated set of brackets with the longer capscrews and I was able to install everything and button it up with no issues.

My machine is a 72" rc, so I don't know if yours is a different setup. I don't have a 'post' on the a-arm(s); my brackets/capscrew replace the shock mounting bolts...

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I use my jack daddy with the shock therapy straps. What I did was pull the stud out of the jack daddy mount and I use it as the nut on the shock therapy bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, I did. I have the JD brackets and contacted Todd at Tuff Trail Gear to see about a longer stud for the brackets. Todd got back to me and told they redesigned the bracket setup to account for limit strap kits.

Basically, they are now using a socket head capscrew through the 'nub' (or bracket) for the attachment. I measured and told Todd I needed a bolt with 85mm length from the base of the bracket -- I didn't know how much 'bolt' was going to be inside the bracket to determine the overall bolt length -- to mount the CA Tech limit straps, shock(s), etc., and have adequate thread engagement.

Todd sent me an updated set of brackets with the longer capscrews and I was able to install everything and button it up with no issues.

My machine is a 72" rc, so I don't know if yours is a different setup. I don't have a 'post' on the a-arm(s); my brackets/capscrew replace the shock mounting bolts...
MFortie,
If its not asking to much could you send me a picture of how and what it looks like mounted and the parts? I know the parts may be a no go but the finial install would be nice. I would like to see from the shock cap to the bottom strap mount. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
MFortie,
If its not asking to much could you send me a picture of how and what it looks like mounted and the parts? I know the parts may be a no go but the finial install would be nice. I would like to see from the shock cap to the bottom strap mount. Thanks in advance.
Sure. Out of town right now, but when I get back I’ll take a pic...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts