Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are y'all running for subs? Box style? And how.does it sound? I recently built a over head box for a pioneer shallow mount and I'm very disappointed. With the engine running you can't even hardly hear it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts

ssv works sub box with audiobahn cover

·
Registered
57 Posts
SSV sub. Sounds great and fits well

Sent from my Lumia

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I might give it a shot. Is that box sealed or ported?. Is the bass loud?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
mine sounds terrific and yes its loud
the box is not ported
the quality or volume of sound will be based on how you drive it.
im using a dedicated amp for the sub with a subwoofer volume control
its a rockford fosgate monochannel amp that fits in the glovebox.

·
Registered
367 Posts
FYI
The ssv sub box DOES NOT work with the XMR without modification(fiberglass work)
There is a hose behind the glove box on the MR.
I had to cut the box and reglass it to work but the finished product was worth the headache.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The ssv sub box is going to work with the Xmr. They are changing the Box to work will all maverick models and will be available in 2-3 weeks

MaddMack

·
Registered
121 Posts
I havent started yet but parts are ordered. I will have a 10" sub in a custom built fiberglass box inside the BRP trunk. Driven with a Memphis audio 300 watt RMS mono amp. It should have a decent thump to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the ssv box as well with the 10" JL w3 sounds good but one day most likely going to do a custom bed box that will hold my yeti and will have 2 jl w6 12s

·
Banned
122 Posts
^ really? I mean I know w3/6's are great subs, but..I wouldn't recommend foam surrounded speakers for the outdoors..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd like to see more pics of this setup...anyone manage to get one under the drivers seat?
I'll take more pics of the setup this weekend for you. I am removing the sub from there and putting one under the dash from ssv works and putting a second battery there instead

MaddMack

1 - 20 of 25 Posts