Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm doing my 10HR service and I have a stupid question.. I'm going to change the gearbox oil but I'm not finding an easy way to refill the oil? Do I remove the speed sensor and use that hole to fill it? This is assuming the speed sensor is the one at the top of the gearbox. Incidentally I hit all the grease fittings and they all seemed pretty dry.. I'm hoping that the suspension quiets down now that its has some lube!!... Any other tips or items I need to look at while its apart?

Myron

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The suspension squeaks are probably the uniballs in the ends of the shocks. Mine were completely dry. For the gearbox oil, buy the pump for the bottle, and pump in the required amount through the plastic plug.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. THX. The uniballs don't have a zert do they? I will see if I can come up with a tube to for now then get the pump later...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK... axle grease or will white lithium spray do OK? I'm thinking about switching the pads too... Damn thing sounds like a rickety old bus on the trail!..

Myron

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
When I had my 800 outlander, the brakes were noisy. Switched over to ebc pads. Not sure if they are available for the mavericks. starting point at least.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna pull the shocks next and see what I can do.. Brakes after that..

Myron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts