Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, has anyone stripped the output shaft internal splines. Well I did recently.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am in Ohio. Not sure of the relevance? Longball says it's common however a Forum search did not turn much up
hence why I posted the inquiry.

·
Registered
449 Posts
One of my riding buddies snapped the main shaft in 2 at the flagpole veterans day. Long ride back to camp.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Yes I am in Ohio. Not sure of the relevance? Longball says it's common however a Forum search did not turn much up
hence why I posted the inquiry.
He may have the parts you need. He normally has stuff for sale on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I can get you a deal on a new box or the part that is broken. I ask where you were located cause if you were close to me I would help you fix it.

Sometimes I still get amazed by people willing to go the extra mile or many miles to help a fellow member . Now days it’s few and far between. Kudos .

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
For the record I was wrong it isn’t common I read the put wrong and automatically thought you striped the gear the axels plung into. Either way let me know how I can help I have access to parts.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stripped the splines in the gearbox where the axels slide into. It's the hollow tube with internal splines broached into it Its a one piece assembly with a gear on it.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I know of several in our group that has happened to . Usually somewhere around 4K miles is when it happens . If you are on a trip and need to keep riding we’ve found out you can install 2 brand new rear oem axles and you will be good for a while. I know of guys who have rode for another 7-800 miles after this has happened . They way I understand it it’s a helical gear or I’ve always called it a ring gear .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are these stripping because some moisture gets in there and turns the splines to rust dust?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts