Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered removing front axles and gearbox. I know some wildcats that have. Would it free up much horsepower

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I believe Mega has been talking about doing this but not sure if he has done it yet.
I like 4wd too much to remove it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I actually find that 4wd does come in handy in the dunes sometimes. Theirs been a few hills where that was the difference in me making it up or not.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i tried it a couple of weekends ago. In 4wd with paddles and smoothies up front was better. I was hoping not, but in 4wd it cornered and hooked up alot better.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The maverick and commanders are both faster in 4wd than 2wd in the dunes

·
Registered
410 Posts
The 4WD is one of the main reasons I own a sxs, otherwise I'd have a sand car but I like to ride other places during the off season.

I guess that removes me from the "Strictly duner" category :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've thought about this for years. Back when I had the RZR and broke the stock front cage I contemplated just removing all the front running gear. After getting stuck a few times where 4x4 would have gotten me out I replaced the cage and kept the 4x4. I still consider it but doubt I will do it.

We'll see next week as this will be my first sand outing in the Mav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I've thought about this for years. Back when I had the RZR and broke the stock front cage I contemplated just removing all the front running gear. After getting stuck a few times where 4x4 would have gotten me out I replaced the cage and kept the 4x4. I still consider it but doubt I will do it.

We'll see next week as this will be my first sand outing in the Mav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ahhh the old plastic cage in hilyard clutch explosion. I did that multiple times before swapping in a R1 engine and making it 2wd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts