Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my police inspection today on my 2014 Can Am Maverick Max X rs DPS to make it street legal. Trying to get it down before the law changes. Now have to wait for the final paperwork to be completed. I installed the BRP kit for turn signals, BRP front bumper Euro turn signal / park light mounts, a Lexan windshield, parking brake in the override switch spot, and built custom rear bumper / cage.
IMG_7117.JPG IMG_7118.JPG IMG_7119.JPG IMG_7120.JPG IMG_7121.JPG IMG_7122.JPG IMG_7123.JPG IMG_7125.JPG IMG_7127.JPG IMG_7128.JPG IMG_7129.JPG IMG_7130.JPG IMG_7131.JPG

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That's a nice setup you got. Did you buy the turn signal kit as a full kit or did you buy individual pieces? I have been waiting for BRP to come out with a factory turn signal kit for the Maverick. I have seen the Commander kit installed on a Maverick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the Commander kit. It worked out really well. The main thing was the rear harness I ended up combining the factory harness and kit to make one that looked factory. But you could have used both and had some extra wires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes DOT windshield, wiper and washer. The washer tank I put up front and is for an industrial application which worked out okay.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I like the front euro setup on the front bumper i may switch mine out. Thats nice. Did dealer order those for you? I looked for the part number i cant seem to find it if you have the lh and rh numbers handy that would be great.

thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
whats in the center console where the reverse override was ? wiper motor ?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks like a ball for a ram mount for gps or something

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the front euro setup on the front bumper i may switch mine out. Thats nice. Did dealer order those for you? I looked for the part number i cant seem to find it if you have the lh and rh numbers handy that would be great.

thanks,

Chris
I ordered them direct from BRP and they delivered them to my dealer, so no shipping charges. I have the part numbers and will dig them up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats in the center console where the reverse override was ? wiper motor ?
That is what I used for the parking brake. I cut the brake line running to the back and used racing braided line fittings, rerouted the line slightly, and used a push button manual parking brake. So you push on the brakes, push that round knob down, left off the brakes, and you have parking brake on the rear. This was also required for Michigan and then you don't have that big one under the dash. I was not worried about having the front brakes lock. I removed the brass fittings from the below valve and installed regular AN fittings. Made an angle bracket and bolted it to the frame. Then I had to extend the five wires for the override switch and put it up in the dash.
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I ordered them direct from BRP and they delivered them to my dealer, so no shipping charges. I have the part numbers and will dig them up.
Are these the part numbers? 705007499 and 705007500? If so my dealer can get them out of Quebec, they are 13.99 a piece. I just want to double check to make sure before ordering them. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thanks,

Chris

They are 705007499 and 705007500 and are about $12.00 each, or at least that is what I paid.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks svt for the info much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Got mine on man it's way better than the commander pods the kit comes with.

image.jpg

Reactions: Verado

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That looks real sharp Cholber1. Definitely way better than the Commander pods.

Are you going to put LED bulbs in those lights?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Funny part is they were only 11.99 a piece. Not sure never thought about LEDs sounds like a good idea I just may do it.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wow that is cheap for BRP parts. That's hard to believe. I paid $14 for a damn BRP stud on my snowmobile.

Did you just order those online?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts