Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Does anyone have the part number for the kit? Does it have a horn?
Yes it has a horn. The kit is actually a Can Am Commander factory signaling kit but I am pretty sure that there was some customization done with the harness because the part numbers are different between the turn signal wiring harnesses for both vehicles. I posted pics earlier in this thread showing the differences between the wiring harness and other parts.

Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I thought I would post a few pics of my UTV Inc parking brake kit installed with the Super ATV EZ steer kit. Some people have said that it didn't fit or needed minor modifications. I am assuming those who said it didn't fit may have had an older version of the Super ATV EZ steer kit. My installation of the parking brake needed absolutely no modifications. I did have to loosen up several bolts on the Super ATV bracket and adjust the bracket to allow the installation of the parking brake bracket. My steering motor is now slightly touching the interior panel where before there was a gap but no big deal. If need be, I may put some rubber or thick tape to prevent any wearing.

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Metal
Auto part Vehicle Technology Wire Electrical wiring
Auto part Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Technology Engine Car

·
Registered
527 Posts
Dang I should feel lucky, In Indiana all we have to do is send $30 bucks in for a 3 year permit sticker and we are legal on all county roads. Not sure what we need to do for Hwy use. But where I live is mostly county rd anyway, so really no need for st rd ridding.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I think Michigan has more requirements than any other state from what I gathered.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do we think the Commander signal kit will fit the 2015 Maverick turbo?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Do we think the Commander signal kit will fit the 2015 Maverick turbo?
It should Im sure that part of the electrical harness is still the same. the headlights, taillights are still the same and in the same spot so I am sure brp didnt change that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just added the ryco turn signal kit to my xds, pretty easy and everything works great.

Have had bad luck with the running lights , front turn signals, and rear license plate light with the can am kit. They sit low enough that water instruction, kills the bulbs pretty regularly.. I had managed to get 3 mo st's usage out of LED bulbs, but the incandescent bulbs, blew almost every ride.

Ryco kit, uses existing bulbs in the back, adds some headlight high LEDs on the front, license plate bulb is a sealed led unit as well. Will see how long it lasts.

Oh and the horn is more of a horn, then The fart horn of my can am kit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mrycar do you have photos after the install?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes
Auto part Bumper Vehicle Carbon Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle Automotive wheel system

Green Light Red Automotive lighting Bicycle accessory

Green Yellow Auto part Bumper Wheel

It reuses factory tail lights and adds a yellow marker on each light cove

Reactions: Verado and cholber1

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good! I might have to add this to my list...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone ever had a maverick street legal in virginia?

163 Posts
ok i started a new post and then found this one the question i have after reading this is the hi/low switch on the signal switch after this and you remove hthe one from the dash?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts