Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else hear that now you can make any atv or utv street legal here in Washington?

·
Registered
557 Posts
funny I was just having this talk with one our business partners who has a Jagged X yes that is the case! can run on any road that has speed limit under 35mph.We went camping this summer at orv in Ellensburg wa.The ranger stopped us on the dirt and said we couldn't even cross the roads on our machines to get to another trail system.He was the one who told us that this was in the works and its a done deal just need to take your machine into the Wa inspection need a horn, mirrors,turn signal and then an issued plate and we can go everywhere and anywhere! It was kinda funny cause he was say shit you can even ride it to work if you wanted as long as you stay on the under 35mph roads!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
From my understanding the city needs to be 15000 or less in population and juts roads approved by the county that they are in. Just what I have heard but I hope that its true to ride on any road 35mph or less would be sweet to get around town.

·
Registered
19 Posts
^ You're right.

It's HB 1632 if anyone wants to read it.

It does say that if your county is over 15,000 your county or city/town must pass an ordinance that allows them to be driven on the street.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That law has been passed but the state does not have all it's ducks in a row yet. Last I heard was March 31st as being the date the state will start allowing dealers to do the DOT inspection to get your paperwork. Towns and cities still have to ok the ordinance. But from what I was told, the counties will be oushing the issue to get the license revenue.

It will be cool once we can use all the BLM land and logging roads when it does pass. And how nice will it be to ride to the store in our Mavericks to buy beer and wings?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I live in King county, the death threat for anything fun. I can't imagine that riding on the streets will be anything but a shooting offence here. I know that there are some small towns on the dry side that are atv & utv friendly. If they let us on the streets then they would have to let us on the forest service roads as well.

I won't be holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes.. I am paying attention to when this kicks off!! I will put some dot tires on it run it around town!!!! Chadillac. . We will have to hit sonic in them on road 68 or gage blvd. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes.. I am paying attention to when this kicks off!! I will put some dot tires on it run it around town!!!! Chadillac. . We will have to hit sonic in them on road 68 or gage blvd. Lol

For sure!

If I could drive my maverick on the street, I would be driving it everywhere I can!

·
Registered
87 Posts
X2 on Maxdun's comments,

I live in Snohomish county and don't think there's much chance of any approval of this anytime in my lifetime. There's lots of small towns in the more rural parts of the county but most folks there already ride on the roads, so not much new ...

·
Registered
557 Posts
oh its going to happen here in Spokompton all we care about is revenue. The key for me will be having the ability to run logging road to get to another trail system without fear of getting a ticket.Over In CDA Id down by Kingston has some of the best trail systems for our rides.The problem Is moving from one systen to another woithout being caught.Now with a plate Its all good.Shit they ride cows to work so not too worried about it.Also ORV tabs for ID Is sooo much cheaper than ours we have 5 dirtbikes also and before I made the switch to the Id tabs I was paying alot of money every year but now I can ride in either state with no issues!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Spokane is money hungry.. ??? No.. no part of Washington is.. lol (mega sarcasm inserted here lol )

·
Registered
128 Posts
We don't have many off road places to ride over here, but we have NO restrictions on riding on any roads Including our motorways which you call freeways or highways...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
We don't have many off road places to ride over here, but we have NO restrictions on riding on any roads Including our motorways which you call freeways or highways...
you guys suck! I am jealous :wink:

·
Registered
128 Posts
you guys suck! I am jealous :wink:
Im jealous of you guys!!!! If I want to go and play in the sand I have to drive all through France down through Spain and then nearly all the way down Morocco to get to the sand...but I do get to play on the roads...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Im jealous of you guys!!!! If I want to go and play in the sand I have to drive all through France down through Spain and then nearly all the way down Morocco to get to the sand...but I do get to play on the roads...
This is true......also, what are you paying for fuel over there!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
We pay the equivalent of over $10 a gallon for our fuel!!!!!
Man...that is crazy! How can you afford it...are you a drug dealer or something :wink:

Reactions: Sonic3d
1 - 20 of 27 Posts