Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys , help me with this one. I'm right at 10hrs 1min on my break in and I've been reasonably nice to the mav , no water , no mud yet . Just trails and bumpy terrain. First thing is at about 9.5 hours I started hearing a slight howl from the rear diff or gear box which I beleive is normal according to forums ,but if parked and I rock it from side to side . I hear a noise similar to a hammer tapping on a pipe coming from the rear and I cannot pin point it . I thought diff , yoke, axel, but doesn't seem to be any of those . Somebody please try this and let me know if I'm not the only one or if I'm missing something . Thanx...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its your sway bar links popping

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Idk what's up exactly but mine did it with 70 miles on it in the dunes I was rocking it checking out the suspension and I heard same thing megadiesel was with me and helped me pin point it

Ima take mine in for leaky rear diff seal they have a new style seal out just waiting on parts and then ill ask them about it !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx again Benzo, keep me posted ... I'll talk to my dealer probably Wednesday after vacation . Thank you C.Moore for the input as well.. Is there any other common problems I should watch for besides the diff seal and gear box whine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts