Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for storage? I have looked at the can am soft bags and the LinQ 32 Gal (124 L) Trunk Box. The price is a bit steep but I was leaning towards the trunk box. However, I know there are plenty of options out there and would like to know what people are using and how they like it. Also, are there any aftermarket options of a hard trunk box?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I purchased a soft 3 part storage with double ice coolers on side that covers most the bed. Plus hard storage u cant use rear cage. Soft u can.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I would like to see an under the drivers seat, custom fit
Watertight container for tools or stuff I don't go after very often

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm using a 16 dollar wally world storage box.. I added the u-bolts to it so I could strap it down and remove it quickly. I also got a velcro job that attaches to the cage.. Its not made for the MAV and doesn't exactly fit properly. It will fit once I get a koplin Bar or harness bar installed.

20130407_110108.jpg 20130407_110306.jpg

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the CanAm trunk. This leaves a open space between the trunk and the harness bar. Enough room for a soft side ice cooler to fit between the trunk and the harness bar with room on each side for what every.

·
Registered
179 Posts
And cheap too!!! I'm thinking about mounting an AMP in it with a spare battery. I just gotta find the right deal on some speakers that mount to the 2" cage bars...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I bought the Tusk bags from Rocky Mountain. They work very well, at a fraction on the $$$ of the Can Am stuff.

Reactions: Ajb9

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where've you got the harness bar? Is it on the 'B' pillar? I've got one where the installation instructions said to put it (on the rear most vertical) and there's not enough room for the trunk? I considered the middle vertical but it didn't look like it would fit? Take a photo if you can?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm using a 16 dollar wally world storage box.. I added the u-bolts to it so I could strap it down and remove it quickly. I also got a velcro job that attaches to the cage.. Its not made for the MAV and doesn't exactly fit properly. It will fit once I get a koplin Bar or harness bar installed.

View attachment 1620 View attachment 1621
this was an awesome idea i stole it but i upgraded to the $40 bin it had a little nicer lid IMG_1611.jpg IMG_1610.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks good.. I would put some u bolts on it(bottom half) with some home made snap straps.. that way you dont have to undo the big strap to get to your beer!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was going to but the lid doesn't seal 100% so running the strap over it forces it closed

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like the can am trunk but I don't like giving up the entire rear rack for it. One day I was thinking about how that thing looks a lot like luggage trunks on cruiser bikes so I started looking at those. Thinking of something like this Emgo Portable Travel Trunk - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore that can hold about 1 full face helmet and then some stuff. I measured it out and am thinking if I got something like this I could mount it sideways all the way to one side. There's actually room for 3 of these on the rear rack so if I just got 1 for each side I'd have room for a pretty good sized ice chest in the middle. The thing I like is I can get these with a lock on them and that's important to me. I want to lock up headsets, guns, tools or other stuff when I park at the lake or at Glamis vendor row. I have a friend who has a trunk on his bike so the next time he's over I plan on putting it on my rack and taking a couple of pictures while seeing how it lays out. The one I listed above is just one of many I've seen. Some are more contoured which I think would make them fit the back curve of the body line real nice but they get pretty expensive too. Until I get this figured out I will continue to strap a pair of ice chests on the back. One for cold drinks and one for dry storage (snacks, tools, jackets....).

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My Oem Polaris box from my xp fits perfectly on the passenger side just like wear it fit on the xp, you could put it in the middle to. I think the rear oem box for the normal rzr would be a perfect box, if you have a Polaris dealer near you check it out and see what ya think..

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My Oem Polaris box from my xp fits perfectly on the passenger side just like wear it fit on the xp, you could put it in the middle to. I think the rear oem box for the normal rzr would be a perfect box, if you have a Polaris dealer near you check it out and see what ya think..
Problem is I checked the trunk prices for the OEM Maverick box and the price is crazy high. I'm sure Polaris is just as 'proud' of their stuff as CanAm is. Probably stick to aftermarket even though I won't get a perfect fit.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's a good idea. Post pics with what you decide to go with.
I'll try and get some pictures when I get my buddies trunk on there but you'll be waiting awhile before I decide what box I'll be getting. I move pretty slow on my purchases most of the time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
For under the seat I use a GI ammo box, fits perfectly and is watertight
I just tried this and it does fit perfect, Thanks--Max ----If any one else wants to try it he's talkin about a 50 cal ammo can.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts