Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a lockable storage box (trunk) for the back, but didn't want to spend $300+ on the BRP one. So I found this 20 gallon heavy duty box from home depot for $29. I bolted it through the aluminum rack frame. I used some left over Thermo-Tec to line the bottom. My cooler, tire kit, and tool bag, etc... fit perfectly. The total weight (including box) is about 30lbs.

photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice setup….I bet you could have used the Lin-Q setup and had it rigged for tool-less removal….

Reactions: All323232

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice setup….I bet you could have used the Lin-Q setup and had it rigged for tool-less removal….
Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. I didn't realize they sold the Lin-Q latches separately...they probably cost more than the box, LOL. It would be nice to be able to remove the box easily though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. I didn't realize they sold the Lin-Q latches separately...they probably cost more than the box, LOL. It would be nice to be able to remove the box easily though.
Post it in the wanted adds. I bet there are several guys that have the bed liner and mounted it permanently and have the Lin-Q parts laying around…….

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I built mine with linx and it is easily removable. Locking box from Walmart $35 and linx (don't know how much) and I gave a great box. To anyone doing this I would highly recommend the insulation of some sort, I used reflectix and it keeps the ice from melting in the cooler.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have that same box too. I just put some D rings on it and used ratchet straps to hold it down. Great box and it holds a ton of stuff. Just can't see too well behind you when you are backing up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts