Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a reasonably priced bed storage box for the can am mav sport yet? $500+ seems ridiculous. Spent big bucks in the past on storage boxes with disappointment. Not really interested in cheap boxes from the local lowes home cheapo. I see can am linq boxes but some look like there for wheelers but say it fits mav s. Any suggestions are appreciated with pics. Prefer the quick attach linq.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have been very satisfied with the factory cover for the rear bed. It’s not a box and gives maximum storage for the area. I know it wasn’t cheap, but fits well and fairly dust proof. You would likely forget the cost in the long run.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I agree with Roadjunkie that initial cost of Can-Am's All-Terrain Trunk cover will be soon forgotten and well worth the expense. Installing one was one of my first upgrades in Mar 2018. It's amazing what fits inside as I showed in this thread with the contents at that time displayed a few posts down including spare mounted (deflated) tire, tool and gear bags, scissors jack and spare cvt belt. Space utilization far surpasses anything else available for this platform of machines.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
you wont get much more than tools in that tiny box

·
Registered
57 Posts
we currently have a linq box on our outlander. Do you think it would fit in the 'bed' of a maverick sport max?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whats this one all about? Cheaply made seems to cheap in price. Anyone have experience with this box?
My buddy and I are using that smaller box on top of our A-T Trunk Covers in combo with LinQ bases. Not so cheaply made and not cheap for what it is. Think: "overpriced tackle box". Nonetheless, it does provide quick and convenient access to folding Corona saw, work gloves and related items. Shown installed plus with dimensioned image snagged off the web.

Feng Shui 1.jpg LINQ 19L Tool Box inside dimensions.png

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a ridiculous deal on our Can Am trunk cover (it had been installed, returned to Can Am then sent out again from the warehouse as new). I would've had a hard time paying the full asking price for it but now that we are using it I feel the value is there. Visibility out the rear of these machines is mediocre at best so adding another box/fuel/etc. on top of the trunk cover isn't a bad idea.

·
Registered
720 Posts
^^^ If you decide to buy the small tool box shown above, part of the necessary LinQ base hardware is provided with the All-Terrain Trunk Cover kit (bushings for molded wells on inside/underside of LinQ base installation points. Those bushings are not required nor utilized otherwise. The remainder of hardware for installation is included with the LinQ tool box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Didnt realize it was so small. Maybe ill go with the super atv box if its non drilling. Doesn't look like linq quick attach though. Maybe wait for more aftermarket boxes to come out or just got with the linq 8 gallon cooler.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a Husky box from Home Depot and it works and fits perfect. There are some videos on youtube of guys installing them. Others on here have done the taller ones but the short one looks way better. Here is the one I used:

Here is a picture. You do have to break the wheels off but it takes 30 seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a 23 Gall LinQ box with my X3 and today I finally received it. My first thought when I opened was: this is actually not that big inside..
Will see what I'm able to fit on my first big ride, but I'm already glat I didn't buy a smaller box.

·
Registered
57 Posts
we currently have a linq box on our outlander. Do you think it would fit in the 'bed' of a maverick sport max?
quoting myself on this one.. stopped by a dealership this past week and tried fitting our box into the bed of the maverick sport (2 seater).. no dice without some sort of additional rack

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run a large Rubbermade Action Packer in the back of mine.
the dealer actually suggested something similar. He flat out said "go to lowes or home depot and get a rigid/rubbermade/husky type storage box and strap it down. it will be cheaper than buying a BRP bin" lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts