Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,280 Posts
He hadn’t installed a tracker so got very lucky. Bad guys had it for a couple of weeks, Police were doing their job and actually pulled over a sketchy setup. Bad guys have already been let out on bail…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's pretty incredible!!! That was definitely lucky!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
He hadn’t installed a tracker so got very lucky. Bad guys had it for a couple of weeks, Police were doing their job and actually pulled over a sketchy setup. Bad guys have already been let out on bail…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m hoping some of my lights are out on the trailer and the cops do the same

·
Administrator
3,805 Posts
So Cal is so close to the border. It's like an assembly line. Drive down with one stolen vehicle / trailer, come back in an old beater that you just park somewhere and walk away.
That makes perfect sense... for some reason, sometimes I forget where I live at any given month!..

Hoping for the best outcome with the trailer and toy serial numbers given to proper authorities for now.

·
Premium Member
14,280 Posts
Question, as I don't know a lot about these storage places:

Do they post 24 hour security? Even if it's only 1 guard?

·
Administrator
3,805 Posts
They did not have a guard there
Unfortunately the electronics era has left serious voids in security. Yes, 24/7 surveillance camera/monitors are a great boon in one respect, but the lack of a security person on staff really leaves holes in the security trades. These thieves nowadays will wear a black hoodie and sunglassses...stare straight into surveillance cameras, flash a gangsta hand gesture, and continue on with the theft-at-hand..

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Gettin across the border is a pain, they check your serial #s against the registration on everything when we go truck, trailer and toys , along with insurance , I carry a binder with all my paper work and ID Tiajuana is the worst , the federales dont mess around . But if some one knew a route that dident go thru a port of entry then they’d be gone ,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Gettin across the border is a pain, they check your serial #s against the registration on everything when we go truck, trailer and toys , along with insurance , I carry a binder with all my paper work and ID Tiajuana is the worst , the federales dont mess around . But if some one knew a route that dident go thru a port of entry then they’d be gone ,
I have heard the same thing a handful of times. But I’m sure there is ways around it like you mentioned

·
Premium Member
14,280 Posts
That's weird? I just did a Baja Raptor Run in October. They checked our passports, and nothing else. Really didn't give the truck a 2nd look. Poked their heads in, looked in the bed, waved us through.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts