Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11/17 at 2am my 21ft ragen xtra lite trailer was stolen with my canam inside. They stole a Ford dually truck from inside the same storage facility, grabbed a dirt bike and threw it in the bed of the truck, hooked it up to my trailer and TOOK OFF!! All of this happened at Fleet RV and Boat Storage in Ontario, California. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT!!
TRAILER LICENSE PLATE #1LM8780.
The truck DOES NOT have a tailgate.
Both truck and trailer may still possibly be together. Truck may be altered.

!!! REWARD OFFERED TO PERSON WITH INFO LEADING TO RECOVERY OF VEHICLES !!!

Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire
Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car House Landscape
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Building

Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt
Sky Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear this.. I hope you get your stuff back. I hate thieves.
If I ever catch someone taking my stuff I would smash both there hands with a damn hammer..... This shit makes my blood boil.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry for your loss Mike. I lost my whole rig to theives too this time last year. My trailer was found dumped & stripped in the desert north of Victorville. My Silverado was found crashed in Jurupa Valley. My 2020 XRC is yet to be found. You are the latest victim in a rampant problem in our area. I’ll keep an eye out for your stuff.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
did you have a hitch lock on your trailer? Hope you have insurance. Sounds like an inside job if you ask me. They knew what had what, and had a plan to take it all in one shot.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
did you have a hitch lock on your trailer? Hope you have insurance. Sounds like an inside job if you ask me. They knew what had what, and had a plan to take it all in one shot.
Sounds like they took the truck and trailer. Tire locks would have been the only thing to slow them down in that case unless your talking about locking the fifth wheel from turning.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
Hate thieves!!! Sorry to hear this. Possibly an insider job, or help from the there. How did they know to steal that truck, or your trailer? Somebody probably tipped them off, IMO. Hopefully you have insurance, that stuff is probably across the border already.

Reactions: Ragenmike112

·
Registered
234 Posts
The older super duty are pretty easy to steal. And they knew what was in the trailer. Most locks don't do shit when everyone has a cordless grinder these days.
If I was going to leave my stuff in a RV storage place I would put blocks under the axles and take the valve core out of the tires.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
The older super duty are pretty easy to steal. And they knew what was in the trailer. Most locks don't do shit when everyone has a cordless grinder these days.
If I was going to leave my stuff in a RV storage place I would put blocks under the axles and take the valve core out of the tires.
Yeah, the more you can do, lessens the chance. I see more and more stuff being stolen out of these types of places. Just too many prying eyes. Plus, this place probably had some type of key code to open the gate, and they knew that. It is convenient to store at these places if that's the only option, but the old saying if a thief wants it......

Reactions: Hampton

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, the more you can do, lessens the chance. I see more and more stuff being stolen out of these types of places. Just too many prying eyes. Plus, this place probably had some type of key code to open the gate, and they knew that. It is convenient to store at these places if that's the only option, but the old saying if a thief wants it......
The shit that's going on nowadays with these thieves is insane. My daughter works at Kohl's and every day there is at least 2 people walking out with a shopping cart full of stuff and no one is aloud to do anything. Every damn day......

I have signs posted on my property everywhere that say
Trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot twice...

Dead men tell no tails...

·
Registered
X3 X DS Turbo RR
25 Posts
That really sucks - I have a satellite tracker with a base subscription that reports its position once per day - I can change the subscription with a click and get instant updates. Batteries last around 4 years... it does need to have a clear view of the sky so that it has signal though. I also have a cell version of the same thing which works well. You can geofence it so that if they unit moves you get an email... My Dad had his unit stolen about a month ago... got lucky and the police caught the bad guys driving down the road... he has a tracker now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That really sucks - I have a satellite tracker with a base subscription that reports its position once per day - I can change the subscription with a click and get instant updates. Batteries last around 4 years... it does need to have a clear view of the sky so that it has signal though. I also have a cell version of the same thing which works well. You can geofence it so that if they unit moves you get an email... My Dad had his unit stolen about a month ago... got lucky and the police caught the bad guys driving down the road... he has a tracker now.

Ya that’s my next thing. I’ll have a tracker on everything. That’s good news for your dad tho

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
Ya that’s my next thing. I’ll have a tracker on everything. That’s good news for your dad tho
Yeah but....

Don't tell anybody you do. Information is power, as the saying goes. If you tell a few of your friends about it, then they might in passing with no bad intentions, talk about it in a bar or somewhere that somebody else overhears, and there you have it. The "in" thieves need.

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts

How much head start did the thieves have? If they get a 10 - 12 hour window, it's usually unrecoverable.

·
Registered
X3 X DS Turbo RR
25 Posts
How much head start did the thieves have? If they get a 10 - 12 hour window, it's usually unrecoverable.
He hadn’t installed a tracker so got very lucky. Bad guys had it for a couple of weeks, Police were doing their job and actually pulled over a sketchy setup. Bad guys have already been let out on bail…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
14,350 Posts
That stolen dually is probably already a different color by now...tweeks are proud of their rattle-can painting abilities.
So Cal is so close to the border. It's like an assembly line. Drive down with one stolen vehicle / trailer, come back in an old beater that you just park somewhere and walk away.

Reactions: LBR
1 - 20 of 41 Posts