Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XRS and read the manual. It says 24-31 in the rear and 17-18 in the front. Is this a good tire pressure to run all the time? Also we are going to the dunes next weekend. Does anyone have a recomended tire pressure for the dunes? I used to run 8 in all 4 on my Rzr Turbo. Is this a good starting point? Thanks for the help.
And.... yes I know.... I need to buy paddles.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I run 24/17 when I'm not on the sand. I ran 10 psi at the dunes and they were great. The Bighorns do very well in the sand so give them a try first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,958 Posts
Pavement I run about 25 in the rear, 20 front.

The Bighorns are pretty meaty for the sand. Since they are bead locked, you can probably go 6. They do well in the sand, but if you are going to run dunes, I would recommend paddles and smoothies.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I think smoothies suck! I ran them one trip and switched to the pro armor ribbed tires. The smoothies don't give enough control imo. If u really want smoothies, I 'll make you a smoking deal on a pair.

·
Premium Member
9,958 Posts
I think smoothies suck! I ran them one trip and switched to the pro armor ribbed tires. The smoothies don't give enough control imo. If u really want smoothies, I 'll make you a smoking deal on a pair.
That's one opinion, you're entitled to it. No problem here with smoothies up front. Plus, I'm not putting anything on my car that is owned by Polaris.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sand.... Front at 8 rear 6 for normal driving 17. I spend about 25 days at the Oregon Coast and with my X3 i will not buy paddles. They are not worth the cash for the number of days i go.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
That's one opinion, you're entitled to it. No problem here with smoothies up front. Plus, I'm not putting anything on my car that is owned by Polaris.
Of course, as are you. Everyones dunes a bit differently. I drive my sxs's like I drove my funco, sideways, drifting alot. The smoothies just didn't make the front end respond quick enough for me. As far as the polaris tires go. I'm not a polaris hater. I still have nicely done up 900

1 - 9 of 9 Posts