Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, 30 miles on my machine. 95% road and one quick blasted through some snow (no drifts or banks) and my drivers front tie rod has a bow in it. Pretty glad UPS says my package from CT will be delivered today

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yup just got my rods and gussets and rear fender supports from the brown truck guy. Thank alex they are awsome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Man ive beatin the piss out of mine, Ive been airborn out of ditches and ruts on my 14 model, and have yet to break or bend mine, and im running 32" terminators! and buried it and had to be pulled out by 3 side by sides at one time, I even have the battle wound of a cracked front bumper bar from that, but yet to bend a tie rod end. im guessing the 14 year models are using different tie rod ends.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yea I've been pretty rough with my 14 as we'll, no tie rod issues on my side. Did break an a arm mount though.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Yeah I've only been out in my 14 once and drove the snot out of it and the stockers held up fine. I've gone ahead and replaced them with ones from CT just to be safe though

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just put my CT tie rods on this weekend, and packing the stock ones for spares. I can only imagine if I bend or break one of these CT ones, the entire front end is going to need more than a tie rod!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I know the 2013 and some of the 2014 models built before oct 31st still have the complete round tube tie rod ends, mine have tie rod ends that are pentagon tubed on them

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, I believe the stock tie rods are hollow alum tubing. It takes just the wrong kind of small impact and there toast.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Those are the same ones I have on my 14 dps. I made some solid aluminum ones at work for free before my first ride. If you pull them off you wont believe how incredibly thin walled they are.

·
Registered
415 Posts
if I was gonna bend them, I should have already, I haven't been easy on it for sure! ive hit cypress knees and all and still no issues, ive been expecting them, but nothing yet. same with the belt, and ive ran it at 60 mph or so in high with the 32"s on it and have tried to give me a reason to put a clutch set in it

·
Registered
415 Posts
this was one time that I have on camera someone took, the back is completely buried and its up to the door on the right side, I was one of the only ones to try that creek , that's lake bottom blue mud

MAVSTUCK.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
^ U given that bike hell!

·
Registered
147 Posts
That looks like a pretty cool place to ride. We don't really have many places to ride around here since there is no public lands. Our "trees" on average are about 4 feet tall since there just bushes and we went nearly 300 days straight without rain last year. I would love to go up north and ride some real trail riding, our trails usually consist of just following the same dust track as the last person lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, we ride all over the Mississippi river delta here, from Mississippi, arkansas to Louisiana
from deep gumbo to that blue mud there that wont hardly wash off. trails, you name it

GRENADA1.jpg

·
Registered
415 Posts
But even with what we do down here, like my maverick right now, you can go look fine tooth and its clean and looks brand new right now. as soon as im done its washed and detailed, and lubed up , even the skid pans are removed

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you use any certain type of cleaner? Do you spray it with something before going in big mud holes? I read people using pledge spray on theirs.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I heard people using wd40

·
Registered
415 Posts
SC1 protectant does miracles, protects, and the mud and dirt easily washes off

1 - 20 of 49 Posts