Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there having issues with their stock seats? I've had all the screws holding the seat to the frame back out and when I go to tighten them, they're stripped out. An obvious fix would be to put the next size up screw in, but is there a better fix? I would love to put some aftermarket seats in it, but I don't know if that's going to fix my problem. Plus, I like the adjustability of the factory seat frames. My wife is only 4'9", so her seating preference is a bit different than mine. LOL! Also, I'm wanting to add some harnesses. Do they work very well with the factory seats?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Only problem I'm having is the dang covers like to tear around the edges. Supposed to hear back from the dealer on warranty but I'm not holding my breath. Also the rear bumpers like to rip

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Mine seats did the same thing. Dealer has new seat covers for both. They won't put them on until there's a fix. Can-am wants them to trim plastic and dealer won't do it. Pissing match now I think!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They've been trimming the plastic for years on the Commander and now the Maverick. Tell your dealer it's no biggie!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would love to put some aftermarket seats in it, but I don't know if that's going to fix my problem. Plus, I like the adjustability of the factory seat frames. My wife is only 4'9", so her seating preference is a bit different than mine. LOL! Also, I'm wanting to add some harnesses. Do they work very well with the factory seats?
I just installed these aftermarket seats in my Maverick. They bolt right in and fit perfect with no adjustment and still keep the slider. These are Can-Am seats from PRP with custom ordered covers. Also way more comfortable than the factory seats

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you bolt your seats down, the tearing will stop because the seat will no longer flop around and rub against the plastic panels. The seat is also so much more rigid and feels tied to the frame....It gives you a sense of being one with the car when you aren't flopping around and actually improved my riding experience...only issue is, you have to carry a few extra tools with you if you want to remove the seat......

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
For me it dosent touch anywhere, i think it is me twisting in the seat and pulling the bolsters against the sharp edge or the seat belt is the culprit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
my biggest problem with the seat is my butt is not in it enough riding :smile:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
my biggest problem with the seat is my butt is not in it enough riding :smile:
Thats one reason why I went with aftermarket seats. I like my butt down in the seat

·
Registered
806 Posts
Think he means that he does not ride enough, lol.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Well at least you guys caught the humor,even tho I forgot the smiley face

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
get with the program :crazy::saint::cool2::smile::crazy:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I went out and mine are doing the same thing. I called dealer and they are going to replace them but I'm going to have to trim the plastic on both sides. Now I'm going to have to find the right blade or tool to trim it so it doesn't melt it and look like crap.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
A rotozip or dremel tool will work but use the slowest speed possible and don't force it....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And you can use a file afterwards to clean it up

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I didn't have to trim mine fortunately but in the past, I would take some automotive door trim and stick over the exposed/cut edge to clean up the appearance.....not required , but if you are anal like me, it hides the less than precision edge and helps me sleep better at night...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya im the same way im sure when i do it it will look like it came that way. Lol cool i have both dremel and rotozip ill post pic when i get it done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts