Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm hoping to buy a set of 14 inch wheels but I need something that has the stock offset has I can't have more than 64 inches wide. Anyone know what the stock offset is? Does anyone make wheels that would make the machine narrower? Just curious on narrowing it as our trails currently accept 64 inches but it may change in the future.

Any recommendation on wheel? I ride mine in trails only.

THanks

Denis

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yes they have narrower off set u can make your maverick 60'' wide if u want !

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think Alex Reed mentioned about 5+1 offset for stock in a thread on this forum.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think 5+2 adds 2 inches overall to the width. Alex mentioned 66"-67" overall width.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I run 4+3 and im 67'' exactly !

·
Registered
92 Posts
i think front is 4.5+1.5 and rear is 5+2. I would love to have 5+1 all way around. who makes them?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I run 4+3 and I'm 69, 5+2 we see 66-67, stock front offset is 5+1 being a 6" wheel and don't hold me to this but I believe the rear is a 5.5+1.5.
If you want wheels to narrow you up or keep stock width look at what the GNCC guys are running. Some are running OMF wheels that are some coin. I haven't kept up with GNCC for a while so I'm not up to date on what everyone is running.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Stock is a 5+2 offset if you were to get the pricey 0 offset wheels the skinniest you will be is 62". Anything below 62" will need to be done with an A-Arm kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run 4+3 and I'm 69, 5+2 we see 66-67, stock front offset is 5+1 being a 6" wheel and don't hold me to this but I believe the rear is a 5.5+1.5.
If you want wheels to narrow you up or keep stock width look at what the GNCC guys are running. Some are running OMF wheels that are some coin. I haven't kept up with GNCC for a while so I'm not up to date on what everyone is running.
Alex, looking at achieving the same overall of 69. what wheels have you got in?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
When I ran Hiper 4+3 with a 30" bighorn I was 68.5 all the way around. With Hipers being a little wider I'm going to say you'll need a 4+3 wheel with a 10" wide tire all the way around but that's going to put you at 67-68 most likely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I ran Hiper 4+3 with a 30" bighorn I was 68.5 all the way around. With Hipers being a little wider I'm going to say you'll need a 4+3 wheel with a 10" wide tire all the way around but that's going to put you at 67-68 most likely.
know of any wheel and tire combination that would put me closer to the 69 objective?
was told by a racer friend that it was the magical number (although he is racing a polaris 1000) for the mav.

The ideal for me would be 2+5 offset.
any idea who would have these with the Mav's bolt pattern?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Over here offfroad competition is in it very early stages and therefore the trails are a mix of everything.
I love the way the suspension handles over rough terrain but i struggle a bit with quick turns.
(just rolled again this weekend!).
maybe 2+5 is a bit too much but the 69'' mark sounds good.
But again i am more and more convinced to try and relocate the top suspension points upwards around 5cm to lower the CG.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts