Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Lol but really somebody tell me why my
Buddy's Rzr has had all those things replaced expect the a arms ripping off in 2800 miles and my canam had replaced a high low headlight switch and 1 front ball joint in same amount of miles ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Poopylaris sucks balls

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you check to see where your shock settings are at or attempt to fine tune them? The Factory shocks may not be the greatest but I wouldn't say horrible. I can hit whoops 50-60mph no problem but the slower I go the rougher it is. A dual rate set-up is definately the way to go. The whooped roads to spinreel or to the beach suck because you can't go very fast due to the possiblity of running into someone head on and the whoops can be deep.. I'm going up in July, figure I will have to play with shock adjustments when we get there for that type of riding.
What days you heading to OR? I'll be in Winchester Bay just after the 4th.

As far as not liking the Maverick, remember it would be very hard to appease everyones wants in a SXS, remember these are made for the "general public" with a wide variety of driving skill, ability and speed. I had a '09 RZR S, sold it for an '11 XP, and now I have the Maverick. Overall the Maverick is well built, and has the HP to back it up. On my previous rigs I would still bottom out, buck over the whoops, with shock adjustments and low $ upgrades. Yes they are smoother going at a slower pace, but remember The maverick is the first vehicle off the show room floor to come with full adjustability on their 2.5 in shocks. I am glad to hear you are looking into a revalve job, but remember everything will make a difference such as sand conditions, driver ability, tires (paddles vs, stock), tire PSI, # of passangers, wheelbase, type of terrain. Driving these rigs isnt just about pointing them straight and racing, go out and crank some turns, spray some sand. Next time you are around the RZRs, look at the frame size, how its built, lack of shock adjustment, lack of comfort in the seats, crappy steering wheel. . . . it is never going to be the perfect rig but have fun with it! Sorry for ranting on and on. . . .

·
Premium Member
9,093 Posts

As far as not liking the Maverick, remember it would be very hard to appease everyones wants in a SXS, remember these are made for the "general public" with a wide variety of driving skill, ability and speed. I had a '09 RZR S, sold it for an '11 XP, and now I have the Maverick. Overall the Maverick is well built, and has the HP to back it up. On my previous rigs I would still bottom out, buck over the whoops, with shock adjustments and low $ upgrades. Yes they are smoother going at a slower pace, but remember The maverick is the first vehicle off the show room floor to come with full adjustability on their 2.5 in shocks. I am glad to hear you are looking into a revalve job, but remember everything will make a difference such as sand conditions, driver ability, tires (paddles vs, stock), tire PSI, # of passangers, wheelbase, type of terrain. Driving these rigs isnt just about pointing them straight and racing, go out and crank some turns, spray some sand. Next time you are around the RZRs, look at the frame size, how its built, lack of shock adjustment, lack of comfort in the seats, crappy steering wheel. . . . it is never going to be the perfect rig but have fun with it! Sorry for ranting on and on. . . .
You dont count. Your opinion is jaded. Haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes guys you are all correct its a great machine just needs work and the xps fell apart on the trip. My chic cartwheeled our mav down a dune and somehow all that happened was I was pissed and two cracked plastics. The mav was fine. The xps were a different story ill post pics of xp issues later today. They had a belt go on an older xp, two axels, on two different xp, ripped off wheel-driver error on another. worst was a new xp 13 hours had a wheel fly of mid trail out of nowhere.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
How
Much is it to revalve the xrs shocks ?
$400 for the works. If you upgrade to dual rates springs down the road there's no charge to change it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Alex ill be back in vegas after the first im gonna send you over my stuff. Im excited about gwtting shocks done and a wheel setup something similar to yours, wider and more stable. Can I get paddles through you as well?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
funny there was another guy on here saying the exact same thing,

shocks must be set up rough from factory

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
no offense, but some may be rider error or lack of understanding...I mean that is in no way meaning to be negative, just a fact. the suspension when dialed in correctly for what your doing is the KEY..BIG TIME!!! your 1st thing should have been to dial it in, test,dial, test til its right. the shocks on these are world class, there is none better. I know xp owners who buy these stock shocks to put on there xp. dial it in right before going and spending money with someones stuff first. then see if or what you may need for your riding conditions AFTER DIAL IT IN. you may find its great without buying anything. I have friends who tear up the whoops and leave the dust for the xps daily.

·
Premium Member
9,093 Posts
no offense, but some may be rider error or lack of understanding...I mean that is in no way meaning to be negative, just a fact. the suspension when dialed in correctly for what your doing is the KEY..BIG TIME!!! your 1st thing should have been to dial it in, test,dial, test til its right. the shocks on these are world class, there is none better. I know xp owners who buy these stock shocks to put on there xp. dial it in right before going and spending money with someones stuff first. then see if or what you may need for your riding conditions AFTER DIAL IT IN. you may find its great without buying anything. I have friends who tear up the whoops and leave the dust for the xps daily.
Adjusting with the external clickers is not enough. The Mav is setup too stiff from factory and you cannot adjust it out.

Sure the shocks are good but there are better fox shocks out there with boc technology.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Alex ill be back in vegas after the first im gonna send you over my stuff. Im excited about gwtting shocks done and a wheel setup something similar to yours, wider and more stable. Can I get paddles through you as well?
Not a problem. I honestly don't know about the paddles. Being in NC we don't have a whole lot of use for them, lol. Let me do some digging with my tire guys but I'm sure it wont be a problem.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

We'll be up in Coos the last week or so in July to first part of Aug, going to trailer to Dunefest for a day or two. I prefer Coos Bay riding myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here in California i here a lot of complaints about "my buddies pulled away in from me in his xp in the whoops the shocks are so terrible" But look at a BRP standpoint they didnt design a vehicle to only go through whoops and thats it. Also the guys who are pulling away from you have re-valved their shocks or changed them, look at all the different aftermarket options for shocks with the xp. The mav comes with great shocks but it requires knowledge to set them to your requirements. But i do have to agree with you it has a higher center of gravity i believe.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bulldogs101 let me start by saying that I tinkered with settings and it didnt seem to help. Having said that I have no idea what im doing I just tried different things. I also agree rider makes a difference but as you can see from pics I was in a group of 7 I switched withh 3 friends they all felt much much slower in the mav including the fastest rider of our group. Also for someone to say that the mav is as stable as an xp without work done to shocks its just not true. Im still gonna send to someone that knows what they are doing cause I do not. Im sure it will be fine....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Pin yourself back in the seat and MATT it. :big smile: Works for me...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.