Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had my mav for about a month and a half but this last weekend was my first weekend with a big ride. I went with seven friends who all had xps and we all went to Coos Bay Oregon for the weekend. Anyways I will start by saying the mav fit and finish is much better, it looks better, it sounds better and in a straight line I could pull my buddy with a stage 1.5 alba setup without paddle tires on the stock mav. Having said that as soon as we hit the sandy whooped out trails that lasted 2-5 miles at a time the mav was terrible. I couldnt keep up with one of them the ride was so bad my girl rode with one of my xp friends. After complaining about it for a whole day the fastest guy in our group switched with me I drove his xp and he couldnt pull away from me at all. He even said that the machine was top heavy and very very harsh in the whoops and hard to go fast in. I called Alex at CT Racing first thing this morning and he assured me that a re valve is almost mandatory and some tires with a wider offset will fix my problem. I will be sending him my stuff shortly. Anyways I am just shocked that nobody on here has posted how bad the mav is out of the box. I was shocked and a bit frustrated by it all.
Thats funny.

The stock shocks that come on the Mav are second to none compared to other stock shocks. You just need to adjust them to your riding style. With that being said, there are more adjustment options on the XRS model shocks than you can hope to find on most aftermarket shocks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts