Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to say that I would prefer to NOT buy new primary and secondary, and I am sure there are more out there like me. There has to be a way to tune the stock clutches to perform better. I would like my mav to hold back a little longer before shifting out. It goes from 0-55 quick, and its a very slow climb up to 70 or so. Everything is still stock in the drive train. Overall I love it, just want it to feel more like a sled, you know holding pulling power all the way up, not just to 55. So, what has everyone else done to pull power?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
There's a way !!! The guy that got second in the Baja 500 run a stock clutch maverick so you know it's possible to make the stock clutch work

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There's a way !!! The guy that got second in the Baja 500 run a stock clutch maverick so you know it's possible to make the stock clutch work
I got to say this, have you actually seen his stock clutch? I've noticed that people don't always tell the truth.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
He may have the stock clutch but that doesn't mean he hasn't installed clutch uprades, like springs and bolts.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
And btw, no disrespect to Cory S. He's a stand up guy! I'm just saying that racers don't give up their secrets! If you're mechanically inclined, it only takes a minute with the stock primary in your hand to figure out that it's not good for anything more than a paperweight! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The mav that won the race may of had one of the clutches that works good. Not all mav's stock clutches are bad. It seems like all the early ones they made for out west work the way they should and all the rest for the east coast and new ones are shit shit shit.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The mav that won the race may of had one of the clutches that works good. Not all mav's stock clutches are bad. It seems like all the early ones they made for out west work the way they should and all the rest for the east coast and new ones are shit shit shit.
That's not exactly true. I know Glamisfan had his explode and he had one of the very first one's.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That's not exactly true. I know Glamisfan had his explode and he had one of the very first one's.
Yea but I'm not talking about exploding clutches, I'm talking about clutches with the early shift out and not hitting rpms. Mine and a whole bunch of others are only hitting anywhere from 7300 to 7500 rpm and they should be up 7800 to 8000 max. If I'm at 7500 rpm and then hit 45-50 mph it shifts out and falls to like 7300 and then has to climb back up and never goes past 7600 just so u understand what were talkin about

So again not talking about exploding clutches, and I bet the op has got the same problem!! And that's what he's talkin about..

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Maybe they tweaked how the clutch works so that it won't over tighten the primary bolt? Made it not hit so hard? I doubt it. But......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
My mav has had the hell run out of it, maybe I cant put the stress load on the clutch that the west coast guys can but I have 2,000 miles on mine and the only thing I've changed was the secondary spring to help with my shiftout. Original bolt and original belt

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My mav has had the hell run out of it, maybe I cant put the stress load on the clutch that the west coast guys can but I have 2,000 miles on mine and the only thing I've changed was the secondary spring to help with my shiftout. Original bolt and original belt
Your a lucky one. I haven't had any problems with my totally stock clutch but I only have 409 miles so far. However, It will never explode while its sitting in the garage and I didn't want to have a problem while on a camping trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts