Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I changed my stock springs and weights to the epi. my question is I didn't notice the allen lock screw in the center of the primary bolt and I used a battery impact to take it off. I put it back on and torqued it to specs then realized it was a center lock bolt. Should I loosen the center bolt and then the main bolt and retighten it then tighten the center lock bolt or you think it will be ok if I never touched the center bolt. Let me know thanks

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I think the center is to keep the nut locked from over tightening more so I think u should be ok !

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the center is to keep the nut locked from over tightening more so I think u should be ok !
ok cool . Thanks I set it to the 88 foot lb I just never loosen or tightend the center bolt . I just thought that was part of there clutch recall so I didn't wanna mess it up

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya I think ur 1 of the very few to take apart the newest clutch recall ,

hunterworks would be a good one to PM on that also !

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Seems to me that the center set screw needs to be removed and re-torque the primary nut. Then put the center screw back in. Doesn't seem possible to attain correct torque with a locking screw already installed.
I don't know that for certain but if it was me I'd do everything possible to make sure it's right. If it comes apart it will be expensive.

Reactions: kroth1984

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Seems to me that the center set screw needs to be removed and re-torque the primary nut. Then put the center screw back in. Doesn't seem possible to attain correct torque with a locking screw already installed.
I don't know that for certain but if it was me I'd do everything possible to make sure it's right. If it comes apart it will be expensive.
Here is the procedure…..

page 4.jpg page 5.jpg page 6.jpg

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I better undo it an reset it then . Also heavy when I said I didn't use a clutch puller I never nook out the stud I just slid it off of the shaft . And took the top hat of to Putin my weights

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Good info there for sure. I was surprised there was no loctite on the tapered stud but there hasn't been any noise on clutch failure since last recall. I would guess 95% or more of any future clutch failures will be from incorrect installation.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Another forum member emailed it to me. I have the whole document in PDF format if you shoot me your email address, I will send it to you when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sent….let me know if you don't get it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to post a .PDF document on here? It would allow us to share documents much easier than converting to .JPEG...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts