Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, need opinions and recommendations. I've have a gen1 secondary. I had it at the dealers for a recall and this is the info I got from them. On receipt they wrote
50/40 qs and number on the helix is H-3-170-26D. I am not sure if this is the helix everyone talks about thats needed for engine braking or not. My engine braking needs worked on or changed. When descending a hill and have to tap on the brakes it wants to start to free wheel especially around 10 mph. Then when I apply the gas, it grabs and wants to snap your head back into the seat. Now what do I do or what can be done? Change helix? Springs? Secondary back to stock? Get the gen2 or deal with it? Take that back, not dealing with it. Any help please. I'm also running a qsc primary.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm not sure what all is needed to convert to a Gen II but i have one with engine braking and the helix is a 40EB. It will brake down to about 8mph in high and 4mph in low. if you are going fast and tap the gas to engage the EB, yes it will throw you forward pretty hard. to prevent this, slow down using the brakes and tap the gas to re-engage the EB and then let off the brake. It will not be as harsh this way.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response heavy. Guess i'll have to get ahold of Kris and see whats up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts