Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a STM secondary that I just bought from Kris at CBP I haven't had a chance to use it yet but my question is: It's an STM with a 40* helix with engine brake, yellow spring and I'm running 30" ITP mudlites, is anyone else running similar and what do you think of it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
are u gonna use this with ur stock primary ? cuz they have different length shafts for stock or stm primary

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not sure on what primary you got but I've got the 40 deg helix on my gen2 with a gold spring I've got a rage 3 primary tho. I'm running 30" blackwater evos.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are u gonna use this with ur stock primary ? cuz they have different length shafts for stock or stm primary
The secondary works with the stock primary, mine currently has the stock primary, I have a QSC on order but it's my understanding it takes awhile to get them.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on what primary you got but I've got the 40 deg helix on my gen2 with a gold spring I've got a rage 3 primary tho. I'm running 30" blackwater evos.
What's the diff between the gold and yellow spring. I have stock primary but will eventually run a QSC. The yellow spring has me worried.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What's the diff between the gold and yellow spring. I have stock primary but will eventually run a QSC. The yellow spring has me worried.
Not sure on diff between spring rates, another guy on here has same setup as me and his secondary spring is a pinkish purple. His elevation is much higher than me so I'm assuming that's why he had a diff colored spring. My elevation is maybe 2-300 ft, I think his was like 5-6000.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Haha! Come on man! No faith??

The spring rates are as follows (the ones mentioned in this thread)

Gold-190/335
Pink-185/300
Yellow-165/310

You have nothing to worry about. I sent the secondary based on what we were going to do with it at the time AND with thoughts of transitioning to a QSC as we talked about. This spring will work with both the stock primary and QSC.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Duh, I didn't even read where you said you bought it from Kris, speed reading I guess. My ADHD gets the best of me at times :) you have nothing to worry about with Kris that's for sure. He has helped me many more times than I can count, helluva guy IMO.

Nathan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep reading about the gold spring, and about all the "tuning" having to be done. I trust you Kris or I wouldn't have bought it from you, my original question was how they liked it and how well it does. I'm not questioning your intelligence.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought an STM gen 2 with 50/40 helix and silver spring. Anyone tell me what I can expect with this setup. By the way I have a cvtech prime. T

·
Registered
424 Posts
I keep reading about the gold spring, and about all the "tuning" having to be done. I trust you Kris or I wouldn't have bought it from you, my original question was how they liked it and how well it does. I'm not questioning your intelligence.
Some people have issues with the gold spring on stock mavericks with stock tires. The higher finish rate often prevents a full shift and they will lose mph even though they have optimal rpms.

It's all about the setup and riding scenarios. A lot of people have learned that each machine is different. I've had 2 identical machines and the exact same clutching. Same helix and same secondary spring but one required quite a bit more weight in the primary to achieve the same results. Can Am has been inconsistent with their cam grinds, which moves peak hp around.

Long story short we can send clutches out close to perfect. Most of the time they are perfect. But there are a few cases where a little end user tuning. Is required. Even then I'm there on the phone getting as much feedback as I can and getting what needs to be had over to the customer. I have a whole stock pile of helixes and springs. I never charge anyone for a spring or helix swap. Ever.

Moral of the story, I gotcha covered buddy.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bought an STM gen 2 with 50/40 helix and silver spring. Anyone tell me what I can expect with this setup. By the way I have a cvtech prime. T
You'll more than likely need a different helix and spring. Without knowing that spring rate or how your primary is currently configured it's hard to say.

·
Registered
42 Posts
stm

You'll more than likely need a different helix and spring. Without knowing that spring rate or how your primary is currently configured it's hard to say.
Is there a chance I can talk to you on the phone abo ut this setup in the next couple days or after Christmas?

Thanks
Devin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts