Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

STM Secondary

7K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  Andy 
#1 ·
Came home from work to find a box from STM on the coffee table:big smile:
Thanks Kris

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Well I dunno how much tunning it's going to take Mike. Out in front of the house on the asphalt, it was hangin the front wheels about 6-8 inches from a dead stop. Maybe it still needs some adjusting......lol. We'll see how it does in the sand at Pismo in a couple weeks.

#12 ·
Andy - Is your Maverick stock other than the clutching? Just curious to see if just changing out the clutches can make it perform so much better that you can pull wheelies with it! Have you drag raced a stock Mav? Would be interested to see the difference in stock vs your clutch setup.

#7 ·
Congrats, but here is what it should look like. :big smile:
Auto part Vehicle Headlamp Automotive wheel system Rim

Just kidding. It's nice to have a complete upgraded set up

#10 ·
If you could only afford to get 1, between either the secondary or the primary, I would get the QSC primary hands down no question. You will get more improvement and reliabilty by the added primary. It will also work fine with the stock secondary. New secondary will give you better back shift so that is something you can easily add later. IMO

#9 ·
If you just do trail ridin, you will only need a primary.

#13 ·
Does the QSC have good engine breaking like the stock pos?

#14 ·
It does have engine braking but dont know if it is the exact same as stock. It has something to do with a one way bearing. But you can order it without the bearing so there is no engine braking.

#15 ·
I will be getting it with the bearing. I like the engine braking, main reason is that our brakes are crap.

#16 ·
Andy, I just noticed your STM has a green spring and mine has a black spring. Do you know the difference? How did you have yours set up?

#17 ·
That looks like the lime green KSS spring that I have in mine. It is pretty heavy duty, you will not slip a belt with that spring even when running hard with 34" tires. It does sacrifice some top end.

Take note that the KSS (Kawasaki) style springs use a different helix cover than the PSS (Polaris) style springs.

#18 ·
Mine was suppose to be set up for stock tires so hopefully that is what I got.

#22 ·
OH baby! yes you are.

#23 ·
It is the KSS lime green spring. I didn't get to do much other than a couple of runs up n down the block lastnight,so I'm going out to the garage to try a few different wieght and spring combos for the CVTech. I think I'm pretty close already though. I'll find out for sure in a couple hours.

#25 ·
Maybe the spring has something to do with which primary you have. Idk. Did you buy it direct from STM or Kris at CBP?
Did you give them your tire size or any riding info?

#26 ·
He got the secondary from me. He told me his set up and riding style and I sent him a secondary with the helix and spring that would work with the cv tech. The cv tech take a stiffer spring the function like it should with the STM secondary.

And RTB is correct on the spring. It's the Kawi style green spring. And the spring we run in the STM secondary with the QSC primary is a one off custom spring.

#27 ·
Well it frekin works that's all I know.

#29 ·
It will be nice to see how turns the sand blaster paddles.

#32 ·
chris, what is the total price for qsc primary, with stm secondary set up for trail riding? What is the availability time wise? Thanks for a prompt response, sweep
qsc $875, stm $575

#36 ·
How come there is tons of peeps buyin these clutch kits but yet no races with stock mav vs a clutched one ??

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

#37 ·
How come there is tons of peeps buyin these clutch kits but yet no races with stock mav vs a clutched one ??
We want videos!!!

#40 ·
ya seen that video we want normal peeps doing the testing in there back yard ! lol

#42 ·
Benzo, bring your mav to O.C, We'll race em and video the whole thing. Only problem is I aint "normal"...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.