2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from work to find a box from STM on the coffee table:big smile:
Thanks Kris

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well I dunno how much tunning it's going to take Mike. Out in front of the house on the asphalt, it was hangin the front wheels about 6-8 inches from a dead stop. Maybe it still needs some adjusting......lol. We'll see how it does in the sand at Pismo in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats, but here is what it should look like. :big smile:
QSC STM clutches.jpg

Just kidding. It's nice to have a complete upgraded set up

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lets say you could only afford one Primary or Secondary which one do you go with? OR
Just wait till you have all the money saved for both.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you just do trail ridin, you will only need a primary.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lets say you could only afford one Primary or Secondary which one do you go with? OR
Just wait till you have all the money saved for both.
If you could only afford to get 1, between either the secondary or the primary, I would get the QSC primary hands down no question. You will get more improvement and reliabilty by the added primary. It will also work fine with the stock secondary. New secondary will give you better back shift so that is something you can easily add later. IMO

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you could only afford to get 1, between either the secondary or the primary, I would get the QSC primary hands down no question. You will get more improvement and reliabilty by the added primary. It will also work fine with the stock secondary. New secondary will give you better back shift so that is something you can easily add later. IMO
X2!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well I dunno how much tunning it's going to take Mike. Out in front of the house on the asphalt, it was hangin the front wheels about 6-8 inches from a dead stop. Maybe it still needs some adjusting......lol. We'll see how it does in the sand at Pismo in a couple weeks.
Andy - Is your Maverick stock other than the clutching? Just curious to see if just changing out the clutches can make it perform so much better that you can pull wheelies with it! Have you drag raced a stock Mav? Would be interested to see the difference in stock vs your clutch setup.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Does the QSC have good engine breaking like the stock pos?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does the QSC have good engine breaking like the stock pos?
It does have engine braking but dont know if it is the exact same as stock. It has something to do with a one way bearing. But you can order it without the bearing so there is no engine braking.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I will be getting it with the bearing. I like the engine braking, main reason is that our brakes are crap.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Came home from work to find a box from STM on the coffee table:big smile:
Thanks Kris
Andy, I just noticed your STM has a green spring and mine has a black spring. Do you know the difference? How did you have yours set up?

·
Registered
791 Posts
That looks like the lime green KSS spring that I have in mine. It is pretty heavy duty, you will not slip a belt with that spring even when running hard with 34" tires. It does sacrifice some top end.

Take note that the KSS (Kawasaki) style springs use a different helix cover than the PSS (Polaris) style springs.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That looks like the lime green KSS spring that I have in mine. It is pretty heavy duty, you will not slip a belt with that spring even when running hard with 34" tires. It does sacrifice some top end.

Take note that the KSS (Kawasaki) style springs use a different helix cover than the PSS (Polaris) style springs.
Mine was suppose to be set up for stock tires so hopefully that is what I got.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mine was suppose to be set up for stock tires so hopefully that is what I got.
It could be a different custom spring not sold by STM but that does look like the HD KSS style Helix cover on Andy's secondary with the lime green spring.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It could be a different custom spring not sold by STM but that does look like the HD KSS style Helix cover on Andy's secondary with the lime green spring.
I sent Kris a PM just to verify my setup. Maybe Andy had his set up for different size tires.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts