Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everybody has seen the video on STM's website of the mav with a rage 6 beating a stock mav by 4 lengths. Does anybody know that to be accurate. I just find it hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Oh man Chris...I don't think so at all. The stock clutch slips like a bastard, I think its 100% authentic. Plus as many vendors have said time and time again...they put bullshit out there people will find out quick. And then they are out of business.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I have the QSC/STM setup and I can only beat a stock mav about 1 length in 300 feet.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I know I have the QSC/STM setup and I can only beat a stock mav about 1 length in 300 feet.
I would start tuning if I were you. I embarrass stock Mavs with my setup. QSC/STM and I have a ton of accessories on it. (Stock size tires although on 14" beadlocks)

I would say 3-4 lengths on 300 ft.

For that matter I beat my buddy that has a rage 6 and STM rear by atleast 2, but that's bc I get such a better launch with the QSC. He is actually a mile an hour faster on top end than me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. It seems to be running good. It holds 7900 from start to finish. It could be the surface we race on.I race my buddies with 900xp and usually beat them about 3 lengths. I know if its dry and dusty I can't get any traction and it makes it a closer race. I might need to try racing my buddy on some grass.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
90% of mine are on asphalt. Maybe your spinning on take off. Do you know your weight and helix setup?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Where did you buy your set up? Was it pre-tuned?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I purchased mine direct from QSC, but I have since changed a lot of settings.... I am splitting hairs but I hate the thoughts of leaving power on the table! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its definitely spinning. It will spin all 4 wheels and fish tale side to side.I'm going to try my buddy on some grass,let some air out of the tires and see if I can get some traction then. I stop launching it asphalt. I'm scared I'm going to tear the ass end out of it.
I got mine straight from Adam at QSC and it was pre- tuned.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
What's to speed with a qsc STM

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I get my stock Mav up to 74...and it sounds like it is going to come apart.
Thats your stock clutching :crying: because its about ready to come apart!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
have u tried ur top end ,

mine does 77 sounds like a sxs going 77 ! - lol
Not yet. It did 65 in a HURRY on the street. I had it up to 73mph on sand hiway at Superstition but quicker now.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Not yet. It did 65 in a HURRY on the street. I had it up to 73mph on sand hiway at Superstition but quicker now.
are u able to pull the front wheels off the ground like they say ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thats your stock clutching :crying: because its about ready to come apart!
You are not a nice person desertdog....lol. My damn dealer tells me it WILL void my warranty and he wants me to do the EPI setup. I need to just call other dealers and see if I can find one that will put in writing it won't. Minnesota isn't very strong in SXS's it seems to me. At least in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. You have to trailer 1.5 hours to find a place to ride them. Most of the Can-Am dealers around here aren't able to service the Maverick at all.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My closest place to ride is about 1 hr away but in different directions I have multiple options. Mountains or race tracks. That would suck big time with no qualified dealer close.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts