Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
umm. but being at 8000 and 8050RPM at only 62mph means that if you stay in the trottle, the ecu is about to start cutting back on you. sure it got up to 60mph quick but what will it do all out. because sitting at 8000 and 8050 in the 50-60mph range means you are almost all outta gear.

·
Registered
424 Posts
umm. but being at 8000 and 8050RPM at only 62mph means that if you stay in the trottle, the ecu is about to start cutting back on you. sure it got up to 60mph quick but what will it do all out. because sitting at 8000 and 8050 in the 50-60mph range means you are almost all outta gear.
///AIRDAM said:
you keep my name out of your mouth and you wont even see me. i dont have time for pissing matches. i am past that. i am too busy for that.
No one pulled your chain. You worry about you, and I'll worry about me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When you guys are installing the stm clutches, are you honing the taper of the clutch to the crank with some valve grinding compound? Also the directions say nothing about any Loctite on the primary or secondary mounting bolt. Im assuming you don't use any?

·
Registered
424 Posts
When you guys are installing the stm clutches, are you honing the taper of the clutch to the crank with some valve grinding compound? Also the directions say nothing about any Loctite on the primary or secondary mounting bolt. Im assuming you don't use any?
I use valve lapping compound on every clutch system I install. I use a dab of blue loctite. Both the primary and secondary bolt that comes with STM clutches have lock washers. Torque them to specs and you will never have any issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here's a video to the outcome of the rpms! We started out with a PATV7 (bright green) primary spring and PS11 (Pink secondary spring, 185/300). 40 degree helix, and 11/2/2 on the weight configuration. It was a little off. Was around 7550 rpms. I had Trev remove the tip and center giving is 11/0/0 for weights and it was next to perfect.

I sent Trev some extra springs for tuning as well. But they weren't needed.

Glad I could get you taken care of bud! I've enjoyed helping get you taken care of! Enjoy!

Was that top speed ?
Mine get delivered tomorrow , I really hope I don't max out at 100klms/hr. I'll need to be at least factory fast for racing, obviously quicker to get there,but I'll still need 120k/hr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hay zakka
I reached 122 Klm/hr later that day, too much water up here to start driving around holding my phone in one hand and driving with the over I'm good but I'm not that good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Haha all good mate , I'm sure they'll dial in nicely.
I'll be competing against a heap of poopoo's jus want to show em up.
I've done the airaid intake and larger TB too, aswell as the two into one exhaust,made a collector to get rid of the factory collector /resonator and got rid of cat.
Prob need a tuner now or at least an a/f guage to see if I need one.Sorry off topic. ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390894180.413916.jpg
Welded factory flange plate to the new collector.
It's probably not ideal but the budgets short after Christmas.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was going to get in touch with MRRpm soon to get the ecu reflasded and a tuner, so I will have to adjust my clutch later for the upgrade. lucky my birthday is coming up. I wound if we have birthday discounts on the forum?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Birthday discount? I like !!
Or a " spent too much on this buggy" discount ,lol
Yea, be nice if there was some know how with these things in oz,
Would love to get rid of that axle saver, reckon that's what helped put mine on its lid, cut power half way through a power slide ?...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts