Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my rage 6 with steel spider and stm secondary from cold blooded performance. Pretty ezy to install no dramas, I was lucky that the old primary bolt came out ezy, just used one of the nuts of the shock bolts along with the stock bolt and it came out. At first the back of the old secondary wasn't coming of so I sprayed some inox and waited 5 and in come of as well. Installed new primary and secondary plus new belt and all good.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Oooh thats some shiny goodness! Makes you wish they had a clear cover so you wouldn't have to hide it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Man I wish I saw those when I pull my cvt cover off.

Kris could you pm me a price for a rage 6 steel spider/gen 2 set up for 2014 2 seater on 29.5 OL2's. I'm not quite ready to buy yet but atleast could get a idea of the funds I need to have ready.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looks good. I have my clutches ordered too. Cant wait.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will let you all now what I think but I only have 3hrs on it. it's Australia Day here and I lost my front hood driving through one of the river crossings last week. It's to wet at the moment to risk it so will be out on the quad for now.
Thinks Kris
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
I see a purple and green spring there...what size tires are you clutched for???

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd like a price on the full setup to 32806
Please.
2014 xmr
Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's actually a pink secondary spring. And lime green primary.
koo...what tire size?? jus wondering.....Im running the gold/gold and was thinking bout going another route on my new machine...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd like to know why you decided to go with the stm rage 6 instead of the rage 3? AReed is putting the rage 3 on mine and from everything i've read there's no reason to go to the rage 6 unless you have motor work done and/or a turbo/nitrous installed. Just curious why you went the rage 6 instead of the 3?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like to keep my options open, that's why I went with the stm 6. I'm also doing a 2800 mile twelve day trip to the tip of Australia later this year, so I upgraded to the steel spider as we'll. I read that the desert racers where using them as I will be driving a lot of miles each day.
As soon as I roll the maverick of the trailer I new it was different as It just shot of the trailer like a skate board going down a hill.
Started driving down one of our local tracks to warm every thing up and it felt like it was in low rage just waiting to explode and roost any one behind me. We'll the warm up didn't last long and all I can say is WOW! The big grin gets even bigger, the motor just wakes up big time and the changes are so smooth. You just start caving up all the corners and short straights so mush quicker. It's been said before that the one of the best mods you can do to the maverick is the clutch and I have no doubt now that it's one of the best.
Thanks Kris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Here's a video to the outcome of the rpms! We started out with a PATV7 (bright green) primary spring and PS11 (Pink secondary spring, 185/300). 40 degree helix, and 11/2/2 on the weight configuration. It was a little off. Was around 7550 rpms. I had Trev remove the tip and center giving is 11/0/0 for weights and it was next to perfect.

I sent Trev some extra springs for tuning as well. But they weren't needed.

Glad I could get you taken care of bud! I've enjoyed helping get you taken care of! Enjoy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a qsc stm on my bbk renegade, ive yet to do clutches on my mav yet, but after seeing the flat shift out in that video its some hard not to pull the trigger asap. ill be touch kris when im ready...

Reactions: KRIS
1 - 20 of 30 Posts