Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a STM primary and secondary rage 6 clutch for my 2013 base maverick, anyone had any experience with these clutches I have the recommended setup from STM. primary- PATV9 gold spring, 40 gram base 3 arm--------secondary-45 degree helix w/engine brake, 5 shims, with a ps7 yellow spring.... just looking for some opinions on this clutch setup... we ride dry trails and or mud just depends on the amount of rain we have had lately...... other than this im all stock right now!! :money:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Congrats on the purchase man. Wish I could help dial it in. There are a lot of folks in here that I'm sure will chime in when they read the thread title.

·
Registered
502 Posts
you are in the rite place, for sure ...

I know it might sound silly but it would be real cool if there was a can am jamboree somewhere once or twice a year so
everyone can get together help with this or that,actually meet each other and meet venders.
I would love to talk to A LOT of the guys on here just to pick there brains for a little bit.
maybe one on the east coast n one on the west coast.
HMMMmmmmmmm..if only my house was a little bit bigger...lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm sure most of us west coast guys will meet up "unofficially" at Glamis during the desert season. Out here, if you organize a "jamboree" type of get together, they make you buy a permit which then makes it too much of a hassle. Its always easier to have a loosely organize ride so you dont draw too much atttention to the event. The Teryx forum has been doing this for the last few yrs and it works out pretty good.

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Kelly over at KMS Performance dialed my STM clutch in and the Mav smokes my tires at 3500 ft drops the rear end and lifts the front. It took him 2 days to get the thing right but it is a beast now. Drop him a line I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
448 Posts
There are several really good videos on setting up an STM on Youtube. I would check the STM website too.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Kelly over at KMS Performance dialed my STM clutch in and the Mav smokes my tires at 3500 ft drops the rear end and lifts the front. It took him 2 days to get the thing right but it is a beast now. Drop him a line I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
Did you purchase your clutch from KMS. I looked on their website and there was nothing on there for CanAm or clutch stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently purchased a STM primary and secondary rage 6 clutch for my 2013 base maverick, anyone had any experience with these clutches I have the recommended setup from STM. primary- PATV9 gold spring, 40 gram base 3 arm--------secondary-45 degree helix w/engine brake, 5 shims, with a ps7 yellow spring.... just looking for some opinions on this clutch setup... we ride dry trails and or mud just depends on the amount of rain we have had lately...... other than this im all stock right now!! :money:
I'll have to check my total weight but I am running the lime green spring in the primary (Rage IV). On the secondary (Gen 1), running the 45 degree helix with brake, gold spring, and only 1 or 2 shims. I would think 5 shims will definitely make your belt too loose. Depends on your secondary, especially if you have the Gen II. It might be different. I started with the yellow secondary spring and while it worked fine in my Renegade, it was too soft for the Maverick.

These settings might not work for you. While I have no doubt STM is the best setup out there, THEY ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY! Don't let anyone tell you any different. They can be set up close, but you will have to tweek them a bit for YOUR machine. Kinda intimidating at first but once you play with it a bit and see how it works, no bid deal.

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts