Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pdf of the install instructions for STM clutches that they could post. Need the torque specs for the main bolts.

·
Registered
424 Posts
80 ft lbs for primary
30 ft lbs for secondary.

I'm heading to my shop, I can shoot you some pictures of the paperwork.

·
Registered
713 Posts
use loctite?
On the secondary only is what I was told by the mechanic at my dealer. Remember you are reusing the secondary bolt therefore it requires blue loctite.

Heavysledz posted this in another thread as well.....

"The aftermarket clutches come with reusable mounting bolts. it is only the stock secondary that requires replacement after removal.

The blue loctite is required for the stock secondary mounting bolt only.

Torque the bolt to the manufacturer's spec. (i.e. QSC, STM, CVTech or OEM) I believe the stock primary bolt is the only one with a 2 stage torque sequence.

The stock secondary requires the blue loctite and says to allow 6 hours for it to cure before use. "

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
On the secondary only is what I was told by the mechanic at my dealer. Remember you are reusing the secondary bolt therefore it requires blue loctite.

Heavysledz posted this in another thread as well.....

"The aftermarket clutches come with reusable mounting bolts. it is only the stock secondary that requires replacement after removal.

The blue loctite is required for the stock secondary mounting bolt only.

Torque the bolt to the manufacturer's spec. (i.e. QSC, STM, CVTech or OEM) I believe the stock primary bolt is the only one with a 2 stage torque sequence.

The stock secondary requires the blue loctite and says to allow 6 hours for it to cure before use. "
Correct.....no Loc-tite needed on the aftermarket mounting bolts and the torque spec is as Kris mentioned. 80 ft lbs for primary 30 ft lbs for secondary.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. Going to pick up a torque wrench before I reinstall my primary. Had a primary bolt break while driving last time. Can't believe I would have tightened it more than 80 ft-lb by hand with a 6" long L shaped allen wrench.

I read somewhere about lapping the crank taper. What can you guys tell me about this and where I might buy the lapping compound? What is it called/ what brand?

thanks again

·
Registered
309 Posts
I went to pepboys and bought valve grind/ lapping compound. It's made by permatex. Put a little on the shaft and spin it around 25 times or so. I'll see if I can find the instructions later.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yep advance auto has the lashing compound,that is were I bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts