Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So it's now a rage 5...... Idk what happened but this is what it looks like now. It was puking oil out the bottom of the skid plate from God know where. I'm just going to drink my sorrows away for the next two days at sand mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, stuff happens. I'm not pointing fingers or anything. It's been awesome until that. Eating everything that tried to keep up with me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's a bummer man. Sorry for your misfortune.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The odds if it happening are very low. Idk what happened. I'll update as I know somwthing. It was a rocket ship until this happened

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That is one hell of a yard sale.. sorry to see this on your holiday weekend..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I'm having a Rage 6 with the steel spider fitted soon, hopefully this won't happen...
Bingo.

Your spider is most likely 6061 and not the 7075 upgrade. The engine harmonics of the Maverick eat clutches. (Theres a reason desert racers are running a stock primary with STM secondary) I'll be on my third aftermarket clutch in March when I get to the new QSC setup. When you talk to STM have them fit your clutch with a steel spider instead aluminum, even if they offer to do the 7075 upgrade as those have broke as well. It's rare but not super rare. I'm sorry this happened and ruined your weekend out there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bingo.

Your spider is most likely 6061 and not the 7075 upgrade. The engine harmonics of the Maverick eat clutches. (Theres a reason desert racers are running a stock primary with STM secondary) I'll be on my third aftermarket clutch in March when I get to the new QSC setup. When you talk to STM have them fit your clutch with a steel spider instead aluminum, even if they offer to do the 7075 upgrade as those have broke as well. It's rare but not super rare. I'm sorry this happened and ruined your weekend out there.
Is the new QSC set up wot J force has been play with

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've heard of this a few times and it is exactly why I hesitate to drop big dollars on a replacement primary, man that really sucks, makes me wanna do shots for ya

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Bingo.

So you've blown up your QSC twice already, damn that doesn't give me any confidence now in mine. What are the upgrading in the new QSC?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The clutch blowing up is bad, but spewing oil from God knows where is worse. Hope you don't find anything major.

Reactions: AReed

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
So you've blown up your QSC twice already, damn that doesn't give me any confidence now in mine. What are the upgrading in the new QSC?
It's suppose to be a whole new unit with beefed up components. Not a rebuilt Polaris clutch although it's still built by Team. It still has cast components but he swears by it and says it will survive the Rotax harmonics.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts