Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an STM CVT blower? Can someone tell me they have really seen a difference when using this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glamisfan, i thought you were running your clutch with the cover off? but with the cover on, do you see a difference with the blower? the intake is so narrow, kinda looks like a bad design.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I made my own to total of 40 bucks bilge blower of ebay it moves 240 cfm of air ,,

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I put the blower on. Ran it for a while with the cover off. Then noticed the belt was wearing too much, possibly from sand getting in there so I put the cover back on. Ran it for a while like that until I got my plastic full skid plate from mega, and now I'm back to running with no cover. But I keep the blower on all the time, it's wired in to one of the factory plugs that is switched on. I figure the more outside fresh air I can get down there the better. If I remember right from air-conditioning guys, it's harder to suck air through a pipe then it is to blow it through. That's why I think it's a good idea to run one. Mines the four-inch, 240 CFM model. I then put an adapter on it to get it necked down to the factory tubing size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can water/mud get into it? I've bin up to my lap in water/mud wouldn't want any of that getting into my engin but I'd love to get more air into my clutch. Tired of changing belts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Can water/mud get into it? I've bin up to my lap in water/mud wouldn't want any of that getting into my engin but I'd love to get more air into my clutch. Tired of changing belts.
It mounts under the dash, above the steering shaft so it shouldn't get in the water

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have an STM Blower installed with All stock Clutches BC I was so paranoid about blowing a belt. I run my Mav in the Oregon Dunes a lot and I'm sure it has got to heat it up. Since the Blower costs as much as the Belt temp Gauge? figured I would just get the Blower. I run it on all the time while in the dunes. And even let it run for about 2min after I park the machine to help it cool. I've had my belt for 50+ Hours now... Gonna run it until it blows...

So Far the STM blower seems to be going well...

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the people that have an actual STM blower: Is the fan unit just simply a bilge blower like you see on Ebay with their sticker on it but with them supplying the wiring and duct work? Is it a 4" diameter? Just wondering if anyone has held these two blowers side by side and compared. Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
For the people that have an actual STM blower: Is the fan unit just simply a bilge blower like you see on Ebay with their sticker on it but with them supplying the wiring and duct work? Is it a 4" diameter? Just wondering if anyone has held these two blowers side by side and compared. Thanks
Pretty much. You can make your own pretty easily

·
Registered
247 Posts
I didn't know if the fan blade was any different as to not impede air flow when it's not running

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've had water up to the dash so it would get submerged. Will that hurt anything if it's submerged is what I'm wondering
It is water proof, but if you get the intake submerged I don't think it really matters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Andy that's what I wanted to hear. Ordering that for sure now. Hope to order a clutch kit from you after your busy weekend ahead

1 - 14 of 14 Posts