Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Stm customer service

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  patt107 
#1 ·
About a month ago I e-mailed and called stm with some questions about a clutch setup and I have yet to hear back from them. I was reluctant to buy from them because of this however stm actually has a good website and I had pm' another vender on this forum that never responded. so I got online and bought some stuff from them, they were quick to charge my card and they did ship out the parts pretty quick I just hope I never need support from them. I figured I would share my experience with you guys that are on the edge about which clutch to buy.
Pat

#2 ·
Pat - Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. This sounds like what a lot of others are experiencing as well. Do you know how to tune the clutches? If not, you will most likely need to contact STM anyways for assistance. They are hard to get in touch with but if you are persistent, they will get back to you and will help you out.

#3 ·
Why does this have to happen. If this is a common thing (which it appears) people need to quit buying there products. There are other people to buy from. Customer service should be the # 1 thing in a business mind. If they are so busy they don't have time then they need to shut the doors. Sorry for the rant but it Urk's the hell out of me when someone pays a lot of money for something and gets treated like this. There is no excuse in the world for it.

#5 ·
^^^^X2

#6 ·
This was not my experience at all actually just the opposite. Matt at STM got in touch with me quickly and took care of my issues right away. I'm sorry this didn't happen for you in your situation.

Nathan

#7 ·
STM is definitely a top notch company and they excel in customer service. You say you sent over an email, but did you try picking up the phone? Often things get lost in this digital world. 100's of emails and pm's coming in makes it difficult honestly. A simple phone call "hey this is Xxxxxxx and I shot over an email" and these problems would be alleviated. From my personal experience (before and after I was a dealer for STM products) their customer service was hard to match. Between Mark (the owner) and Matt these guys spent countless hours with me when I was tuning some turbo/nitrous applications back when I had no clue. And I didn't even purchase the rage 8 that I had from them directly. I really hate that you had issues getting a response to an email, but I wouldn't base an experience with a company strictly based on an email.

If anyone ever has any issues contacting STM direct feel free to contact me and I will help get you lined out. No questions asked.

#8 ·
And I saw that you mentioned contacting another vendor about clutching so I had to search my inbox for a message I never replied to. I found some messages and the last I sent to you never received a reply.

Are you sure you purchased them direct from STM? Did you buy another set for another machine? In this message you stated you got them from a third party at a cheaper price. Just curious.

#10 ·
Yeah I called them and e-mailed them about a steel spider and I had a few questions about a helix I wanted to buy. I did buy the clutch setup from a guy On the forum however my questions were in reference to parts I wanted to purchase from them. I will pm you kriss.
Pat

#11 ·
Most vendors are just that a" re-seller "of a product. Most can not setup their own equipment, they just become a middle man in the purchase process. Research to your best ability, if you have to pay more that's not necessarily bad as the extra expense may be because the seller Does know how to set it up and knows it takes time to train or walk you through it, hence the extra expense. If you are mechanically challenged, then don't expect a full blown support team and get a discount on the price. If you want cheap price get an education on using the product first.....

#12 ·
I am educated on the product however I don't have money trees growing in the back yard so I like to talk to the company I am buying products from to make sure I am not making a mistake. I am pretty confident that I can get this clutch dialed in however STM has probably dialed in a few hundred so I assume they have a wealth of knowledge compared to me and my new to me clutch setup. Like I said above I called in reference to a steel spider because the spider is not offered on their website and I had a question in reference to another helix, I wasn't asking them to fly down the NC and do any tuning for me while I drink beer and watch...I will call them tomorrow and try to talk to someone. On a positive note Kriss has great customer service and I would recommend him to anyone!!
Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.